Chapter 32: Having a Surprise

Jenna is now  living with Vince and Zaya.  Which means DJ practically lives with them.  Eliza and Lucas just turned the terrible 2.  Jenna was 3 months pregnant and was only doing half days in hopes of avoiding taunting from her classmates.

---Jenna's POV---

I was watching Eliza and Lucas for Vince and Zaya while they were out running some errands.  I was playing with them outside when Vince and Zaya got back.  "Mommy!"  Lucas said following her inside.  Eliza took Vince's hand and I followed them in.

"Were they behaving?"

"Yes."

"Well, thank you for babysitting."  Zaya offered a 10.

"You don't need to pay me.  I owe you."

"You earned it.  You watch them almost every day while we are busy with work or anything else."  I took it.

"Thanks."

I miscarried a week later.  Vince dropped me off at school and I walked inside.  I got to my locker and saw DJ making out with some girl.  My wolf whimpered.  I bolted outside.  Vince was on his way out of the parking lot.  He stopped seeing me.  He got out.  He accepted me into his arms like a brother.  I sobbed.  "Hey, what's wrong?"

That night, I was sitting up in my room, by the window.  My knees against my chest.  My wolf had been whimpering all day.  I recognized Zaya's smell when the door opened.  She sat in front of me and her mom sat on my bed.  "Vince told me what happened.  I'm sorry."

The next day, DJ came by.  "Hey."  he said sitting beside me.  My wolf no longer jumped for joy when he was around.  She growled in disgust.  He broke the mate bond.  "Where were you last night?  We had a date remember?"  I went inside.  Zaya looked up from where she sat feeding the twins mac and cheese.  "What the hell's the problem?"

"DJ Mitchell, I don't care if you are my brother you do not bring that language in my house.  As for what the problem is, Jenna saw you yesterday.  You broke the mate bond.  She doesn't want to see you.  Leave her alone."

"You can't tell me what to do."  he shoved Zaya out of the way.  She hit the wall.  Vince was here in seconds. 

"I can.  Now leave.  I don't know what's gotten into you but you will not bring it around my family."  I was beside Zaya helping her up apologizing.  DJ left.

"I'm so very sorry.  Please say you're all right.  I didn't mean to be such a problem."

"Jenna it's not your fault.  Will you take Lucas and Eliza upstairs and clean them up?"

"I'm really sorry."

"I know.  It wasn't you.  DJ has a bad temper.  It got even worse when he found out you knew about what he did.  It's all right.  You live here now, which means you're family.  Family doesn't hurt family."

That night, I was helping Zaya with dinner.  Vince was talking with her parents in the living room.  Eliza was playing with Vince's keys.  Lucas was playing with his train on the floor.  Vince came in and kissed Eliza on the cheek tickling her.  She laughed and gave him the keys.  He set them down.  Zaya looked up at me.  "Jenna, will you take Lucas in to clean up since he's sitting on the floor?"

"Sure."

"Thank you."

---Zaya's POV---

Vince kissed my shoulder.  Jenna came back in with Lucas.  She put them in their high chairs.  Vince got them some food and helped them eat.  My mom and dad came in.  My mom took the stack of plates and laid them out on the counter.  She helped me serve the food.