Chapter 43: Hybrids

Brandon's Stepmother is a brainwasher. She got Brandon's father and her goal is not just Eliza, but the babies.

--Eliza's POV--

I was reading a magazine. Brandon was massaging my feet. I was 3 months pregnant. "Brandon?"

"Yes?"

"Do I bother you?"

"What?" he asked completely confused.

"I'm causing you trouble. You should be out working and seeing your friends." I said looking down.

"Eliza Jane Patterson Martinez, don't say that. You are not causing me trouble. Eliza you are in danger do you know that? They are after you for some reason I do not understand. You need to be safe Eliza. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, but you shouldn't have to be confined to a house. You're Alpha. You should be doing Alpha stuff." I said sniffling.

"Eliza look at me." I did. "Do you know what an Alpha's first priority is?"

"His Luna."

"Yes. That's you. Why can't you understand that Eliza? You. Are. My. Life. You need to be protected at all times no matter what. Okay?" I nodded and he kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you too." he rubbed my back.

"You look tired, sweetheart."

"I am." I said hugging his neck. He carefully stood up with me in his arms. He carried me upstairs and put me in bed. "take a nap with me."

"I'm not tired, baby."

"Okay. Well, then I at least need my pillow." I said and he chuckled. He fixed the pillows and sat behind me. I fell asleep practically curled up in his lap. My hand in his, my other against his chest. I was really comfortable. He probably wasn't, but he didn't care. He turned on the TV.

--Unknown--

"We must get Brandon away from that girl." I said. She was carrying the strongest hybrids in the world. Any child she has will be a danger toward the vampire race.

--Eliza's POV--

I was walking with my mom and dad. Brandon wanted me to take it easy, but he wasn't going to keep me from walking a little. He was on a business trip and had been gone for 2 and a half weeks. I missed him and I knew that he didn't like being away from me especially now. We got to the house and Brandon was getting out of a taxi. I wanted to run to him, but I probably wasn't supposed to. He looked up and put his suitcase and other things down. He hugged me lifting me off my feet. I was only almost 4 months, but I was only on a 15 minutes a day to walk and do stuff schedule. Last week, I had a hospital scare. "Eliza it's time to go back and rest."

"What happened?"

"I had a hospital scare."

"What?"

"It's stupid."

"Eliza he needs to know." Brandon lifted me in his arms my dad took his things.

"I heard something outside and got scared. I moved wrong and hurt my back and it all just went from there." I said.

"I should have cancelled the trip."

"Brandon, it's no ones fault."

"I know. I just... I shouldn't have left. I hate leaving you." my mom was cooking dinner, my dad was fixing my pillows when Brandon came in. "I haven't shifted my wolf. Jared wants to go for a run. I'll be back soon okay?"