Chapter 53: Lockdown?

--Eric's POV--

I was setting the table when I heard Jeanna start screaming.  I ran in followed by her grandfather.  I got beside her.  "Jeannie?"  she was having a nightmare.  I touched her and she woke up struggling against me.  I pulled her into my arms.  She realized it was me and started to sob.  I held her her hands gripping my shirt.  "It's all right.  Come on"  I helped her up.  "Hungry?"  she clung to me and shook her head.

"Honey, you have to eat.  For the baby."  Her grandfather said.

"Jean, you need to eat.  If you want Eric can take you upstairs and I'll bring up a tray."  her mom offered.  Jeanna put her arms around my neck and I lifted her up, craddling her in my arms.  I carried her upstairs and her mom brought up her food.  I stayed with her while she ate some.  I moved the tray when she was done and moved the blanket folded at the bottom and covered her up.

"I'm going to go eat.  I'll send Kassidy in to sit with you.  As soon as I'm done, I'll be right beside you okay?"  she laid on her side.  I pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"I love you."  she whispered.

"I love you too.  Go ahead and sleep."

I went downstairs and Kassidy went  up to sit with her.  "Justin."

"On it Alpha."  he went up to.

After I ate.  I went up and took Justin and Kassidy's place.  I sat beside Jeanna and she moved over   Her head resting on my chest.  I rubbed her back.  I focused on her dreams.  She kept seeing that wolf in the snow.  She was worried about the baby.  I turned on the TV and watched the news.  She started gripping my shirt and crying in her sleep.  I touched her cheek gently caressing and she calmed down a little.

An hour later, Jeanna was still sleeping.  Her mom came in and sat with her.  I slipped from her hold and went downstairs.  The large pack family met in the pack house.  Jeanna's guards and her mother stayed in the house.  "How long until she delivers again?"

"Well, I said 6 months, but I have looked further into Jeanna's situation.  Eliza Jane, her mother, gave birth to Jeanna, Carter, and Lauren around her 7th month because of their strong hybrid abilities and growth rate.  Maybe this guy knows something.  He's becoming more threatening.  I'm thinking Jeanna could have a full term pregnancy as if she were human, but then again it could be less than 6.  I will know more as the baby grows so let's keep a close eye."

"Why would he be afraid of a tull term?"  I asked leaning back in the chair.

"Anna and Zora are very strong and protective over Jeanna's human form and if she is having more than one the protection of her human form will double."

"Huh?"

"Eric, the babies will have Jeanna's hybrid genes and your wolf's genes.  The babies will protect their mother just like you or Anna and Zora.  She has protection that you give her, the protection of her vampire and wolf, and the protection of the babies.  Which can mean that if the babies feel threatened, they might slip up and use their powers on you, me, Zaya, Brandon, or even Eliza."

"They will be able to use their powers while in the womb?  Will that harm Jeanna?"

"I don't think so.  Eliza didn't get hurt, did she Brandon?"