Epilogue

About 8 years down the road.  Jerica and Aleigh are 14.  Carly is 13, Linnea is 9, Marissa is 8, and Candice is 4.

--Jeanna's POV--

Eric wanted a son.  That's what his brothers constantly reminded me off.  They continued to tell me that he was going to leave me because I couldn't give him a son.  His older brother hated me anyway.  He called me useless and a whore.  He told me I should have stopped trying to have a kid with Eric because I couldn't give him an heir to his Head State Alpha position.  He then proceeded to call me a bitch.  I slapped him.  He threw me onto the couch.  His hand pinned over my mouth.  He hit me in the ribs.

"DADDY!"  Jerica screamed.  Jerica shoved her uncle off me.  He went to slap her.  Eric grabbed his hand and threw him back.  He slammed into the table.  Jerica got beside me.  I was coughing and tasting blood.

"She came onto me.  They both did."

"That's fuckin' bull shit.  Jerica help your mother upstairs.  Carly call your great grandfather."  Jerica started to help me up.  I couldn't move.  "Aleigh."  she and Jerica managed to get me upstairs.  I could hear Eric hitting his brother.  "Jerica, go stop your father from killing your uncle."

--Jerica's POV--

I went downstairs.  My dad getting ready to take another swing.  I got in front of him hugging his waist.  "Daddy, it's not worth it.  Momma's hurt, she needs you daddy.  Please stop fighting."  his wolf growling.  "Daddy Derrick, Daddy Luca, please stop.  Mommy needs you."

"You just got lucky.  Get your worthless self out of my house.  You're the bitch because you decided to beat on my wife and my daughter.  Which was a big fucking mistake."  my uncle took off.  "Did he hurt you sweetie?"

"No daddy.  Mom's coughing up blood daddy."  We ran upstairs.  I watched as my dad worked quickly and carefully to keep my mom's fractured ribs less painful.  I had the extreme gift of healing, but my mom didn't want me to use it.  "Mom, please, you're hurting really badly."

"Jerica, you'll be too weak.  I'll be fine.  Your dad's wolf will heal me."

"Honey, go get some pizza okay?"  my dad said.

"But.. Uncle RIck..."

"I'll come with."  I looked up.

"Grandpa!"  I hugged my grandpa, my mom's dad.

"Come on.  Let's let your dad take care of your mom.  I'll have them home in a few hours."

"Thanks dad."

During the car ride, Carly and Aleigh were arguing over the kind of pizza.  Marissa and Candice were waiting quietly.  "Jerry?"  Marissa asked.

"What?"

"Did Uncle Rick hurt you?"

"Almost."

"He hurt mom?"  I nodded.

My grandpa ordered a few pizzas.  One to go.  "So, did you find your mate yet?"  He asked me.

"No.  I'd rather wait."

"Why?"

"Because I want to find the right guy like mom and grandma did."  

"Honey, I still don't get how your Grandma Lizzie ended up with me."

The first day of high school came quickly.  I was putting my bag in my locker when someone was shoved into the locker beside me.  I looked up it was a girl with tan skin and long hair.  She wasn't perfect.  I wasn't perfect.  I pointed at the guy and girl who shoved her when their backs were turned their bookbags tore open.  "Hey you okay?"

"I'm fine."  she looked up from her stuff.  "Thanks.  I'm Tanisha."

"Jerica."  I shook her hand.  "Are you new here?"

"Yeah.  I just moved in on 35t Street."

"I live on 35th street.  What house?"

"81."

"I live in 83.  Practically across the street.  We can hang out sometime."

"Sure.  I'd like that.  Thank you."

After school, Tanisha and I stopped at the elementary to get Candice and Marissa, and her two brothers Jayden and Carlos.  I saw my mom outside.  "Hey ma!"

"Hi baby.  Thanks for getting your sisters.  Where's Carly and Aleigh?"

"They took a detour.  They stopped at the library."  my mom came over to us.

"Hopefully they don't come home with a whole shelf."  she joked.  "Hi."  she said referring to Tanisha, Carlos and Jayden.

"Hello."

"Tanisha, this is my mom, Jeanna.  Mom this is Tanisha and her brothers, Carlos and Jayden."

"Well, it's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too ma'am."

"Tanisha, honey, your daddy needs your help."  A woman said.  She was about my mom's age.  "Oh, hello."  she looked as if she had been baking all day.

"Hello.  I'm Jeanna, Jerica's mother."

"I'm Trisha."  They shook hands.  "Since the girls are friends now, maybe we could get together for some coffee or something."

"Sure.  That sounds nice."

"Mama, Jerica and I were going to do homework together."  

"Come help your daddy first okay?  It'll only take a few minutes."

A month later, Tanisha and I were talking about the cute guys at school.  My mom and Trisha were in the kitchen talking over a cup of coffee.  My dad came home.  "Hi daddy."

"Hey sweetie.  Hi Tanisha."

"Hi Mr. Allen."

"Where's your mom?"

"In the kitchen with Trisha."  He went into the kitchen.

Tanisha and I became such great friends.  Literally best friends and we met this two guys who were twins.  They were ungodly hot.  Best friends and two hot guys a good thing indeed.