Chapter 31: New Parents

Chapter title says all

---Vincent's POV---

After Zaya and the babies came home, she was a little on the moody side.  It had to deal with her horomones going back to normal.  With her being part vampire and part wolf, it was worse.  I got home from running after diapers and wipes.  Zaya was putting Lucas and Eliza down for a nap.  "Hello gorgeous."  I kissed her cheek.

"Hey.  I sent you a text.  I guess you didn't get it.  We need formula.  I'll go get it."  She grabbed her purse, gave me a peck on the cheek, and left.  I took the baby monitor down with me and sat on the bench to lift some waits.  DJ and I started a game of 1 on 1.  A few girls walked by and leaned against my car.  They began to flirt.  Zaya's car pulled up and she and Jenna got out.  I could tell by the look on Zaya's face, she thought the worst.  She went up to the apartment.

"Who was that?"

"My wife."  I went up to the apartment.  Zaya was sitting on the couch.  "Hi honey."

"Is that what you want?"

"What?"

"Skinny girls in mini skirts and tight shirts."

"No.  Baby, I  wasn't flirting with them."

"So, while you weren't flirting you failed to realize that Lucas had wet his diaper and needed a change."

"Look, it was an accident.  I'll be elsewhere while you cool off."

"So, this is how it's going to be?  You get distracted and forget about them.  Then I get mad and you leave?"

"It's a lot better than arguing."  I saw tears slip from her eyes and down her face.

"Why don't you want to be around me?"  I groaned.  She knew how to make me feel bad.  She wrapped her arms around my waist and pressed her face in my chest.  I wrapped my arms around her rubbing her back.

A week later, I was out with some guys from work.  Zaya's moodiness was getting better, but I just needed time to hang out with people other than her and the babies.  I loved them like crazy, but I needed a break.  Suddenly I smelled Zaya and looked toward the door.  She saw me and left.  "What?  Trouble in love land?"

"You could say that.  I should go."

"Good luck."

I got home.  Zaya was holding Eliza in the nursary.  I saw that Lucas was still in our room.  I picked him up.  Zaya came in and grabbed Eliza's baby bag.  "What's going on?"

"I called your cell like 20 times and you lied to me.  Eliza is sick,  My mom is taking us to the hospital.  I'm sure you can watch Lucas without lying."  she went into the nursary and came out with Eliza.  "When I know what's going on I'll just might call.  Are you going to be here or should I expect something else?"  I let her leave.  I sat down on the couch.

20 minutes later, Lucas started to cry.  He wanted his mommy.  I picked him up and laid down on the bed with him on my chest.  I rubbed his back.  "It's okay, buddy."  he fell asleep and I eventually did as well.  I jumped waking up when the phone rang.  Lucas woke up too and started to cry.  I answered the phone.  "Hello?"

"Vince?"

"Zaya?  What's wrong?  What's wrong with Eliza?"

"She's running a fever and she has a rash.  Her fever is not a safe temperature.  Please just come to the children's hospital.  The pack doctor is here and I'd feel better if Lucas was here."

'Do you want me there?"

"That why I called you, bozo."

"I'll be there soon okay?  I love you."