Chapter 25: Finalized Divorce for a Week, Engaged Soon Enough

Christina and Eliott's POVs with a mix of a few others.

---Christina's POV---

I got divorce papers and signed them.  I handed them to Eliott and went to finish packing.  Jr. was going to stay with me every other week.

A week later, Eliott came to get Jr.  I was staying in my dad's pack house.  I put Jr. in his carrier and handed Eliott his bag.  "How's it going?"

"Fine.  You?"

"Fine."

"I have to go.  I'm babysitting."

"Okay.  See ya."

A month later, I was on a date with my friend Julian.

I was invited him to a BBQ at Melanie and Danny's.  Eliott wasn't very happy.  What they didn't know was Julian had hit me purposely.  I was hugging Jr.  Julian didn't like that I had a kid and I was afraid of him.  I was in the kitchen getting a bottle of water.  I felt Julian's hand.  He shut the door to the fridge grabbing my wrist.  I backed away.  He twisted my arm behind my back.  He shoved me into the counter and I hit the cabinets.  "Dadda!"  Jr. said.  Julian hit me.  Eliott and Danny came in.  Danny shoved Julian and Eliott crouched beside me.  I turned my head away.

"Hey...  It's all right."  he touched my cheek and I felt the sparks stronger than the first time we met.  I let him pull me into his arms.  Jr. waddled over to me and I hugged him.  Danny arrested Julian.  The pack doctor came.  Eliott was standing there.  I had a broken nose, cracked ribs, and a broken wrist.  I had a black eye and a bruised back.  I didn't look at Eliott.  He was disappointed and I didn't blame him.  I was given pain pills and an ice pack.

---Eliott's POV---

While she slept, I sat on the deck where I could see her.  Jr. came over.  "Dadda."

"Hey buddy."  I picked him up.

"Mum-mum."  he said pointing to the window.

"Mommy's hurt."

Around dinner time, Christina came out holding her side.  "Hey."  I stood and helped her sit down.  Jr. was eating the grapes I cut up for him.

"Mum-mum."  she smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Can I get you anything?"

"Just something to drink.  Doesn't matter what."  I went inside and poured some lemonade in a glass with some ice cubes.  I went back out and gave it to her.  "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

After dinner, Christina was holding Jr. in her lap, reading him a story.  He started to doze off.  I offered to take him and she nodded.  I took him and put him in his playpen after fixing the blankets.  I covered him up and he fell asleep instantly.  "First time he's went to sleep for me without crying."

"That's because he knows what's going on between you two."  Christina's dad said.  "He doesn't like it either."

"I don't like it."  Christina said.

"Me either."  I hugged her carefully.

A month later, I took Christina and Jr. to the fair.  Christina took Jr. on the little kid rides.  Melanie and Danny took Jr. for us and we went on some of the rides.

---Melanie's POV---

I watched Christina and Eliott.  She was laughing and having fun.  The most fun I've seen her have in a while.  She was still dealing with her ribs and wrist.