Chapter 52: Eric's Ex-fiance?

--Jeanna's POV--

While I slept, I dreamed about Eric and I starting a family and going on family vacations at the beach house and just traveling as the two of us.  I felt a warm kiss to my cheek and heard Eric say he loved me.

I woke up having to blink a few times to adjust my blurry vision.  I saw Eric asleep with his arms folded under his head.  I brushed my hand through his hair.  He woke up and sat up.  "Jeannie."

"Hi."  he hugged me.

"Mmm. I'm so glad you're awake."  he said in my ear.  He pulled away enough to kiss me.

"How long was I asleep?"

"Just a few days."  I saw the bandages on his hands.

"What happened?"  I asked.

"I sorta punched some walls."

"Eric, why would you do that?"

"Because you were hurt and I wasn't thinking."  I rolled my eyes.

"When can I go home?"

"I'll have to answer that one."  Eric sat beside me his arm around me.

"Hi Grandpa."

"How are you feeling?"

"My ribs hurt a little and my back hurts."

"Well your ribs hurt because you have some broken and your back well that's obvious, you need to get up and move around.  Now I'd be more than happy to let you go home, but that will have to wait another couple of days.  You had a punctured lung and really just need to be careful."

"I'll do more x-rays before I let you go and when I do, I want you two to wait a few weeks before you start trying to have a baby.  You have plenty of time, I just want to prevent infection due to injuries, and I want that bastard found before so you don't get beat again."

Two months later, I was hanging out at my mom's store.  My grandmothers were running the daycare.  I looked up and saw Eric walk by the window with some girl.  "Who's that?"

"I have no idea."  I opened the door and saw her hook her arm in his.  He looked over his shoulder and saw me.  I let the door slam in his face.  I felt tears in my eyes.  My wolf was upset and Zora wanted to hurt him or her like usual when she was mad.

"Jeanna, what?"

"Jeanna, it's not what you think."  he grabbed my arm and I slapped him.  Not exactly meaning to.  Zora was fighting me.

"Leave me alone."

"Jeanna!"  I left and got in my car.

At home, I was crying in the pillow.  I heard the door open downstairs.  "Jeanna!"  Eric called.  He found me and came in.  "Jeannie... please."

"Don't touch me.  Go see you little girlfriend you liar."

"Jeannie, I'm not cheating on you.  She was just a..."

"Just a what?  Affair?"

"Jeanna!"

"Go away Eric!"

"Fine, she was my ex fiance before I got married and had Claire.  I got her pregnant too and left her when she lost the baby.  Stop being a spoiled bitch long enough to trust me."  he left slamming the door.  I covered my mouth trying to hold back the sob.  He never called me anything like that.  He never cursed at me let alone call me it.

--Eric's POV--

I heard her sob uncontrollably as soon as I slammed the door.

That night, Jeanna was sitting at the kitchen table picking at her food not even eating.  I was sitting in the dining room.  Her eyes red from crying.  I couldn't eat either, knowing that I hurt her that much.  I grabbed my plate.  "Done?"  I offered to take her plate, she didn't speak just moved her plate away from her.  I took it and dumped them in the trash.  I put them in the dishwasher.  "Do you want to go to a movie?"  she just shook her head and went upstairs.  I leaned on the counter and exhaled through my mouth.  I didn't even realize I was holding my breath.