Chapter 48: Living on

When the triplets were 18, Eric made his appearance again.  He was a widowed father.  He had one child and was 28 years old making him 10 years older than Jeanna who is in fact his mate.  Eliza was studying to be a doctor and Eric just so happened to be in her classes.  Lauren and Jeremy were still together and engaged to be married when Lauren turned 22.  Carter and Stephanie were still together and were going to be married when Stephanie turned 21.  Jeanna was having trouble with the whole mate thing, but since Eric is back maybe things will work out.  Now that he is going to be with Jeanna it will take 5 years for him to turn 29 until Jeanna reached his age a little more.  Norah was a senior in high school.  Mitchell, Karson, and BJ were in middle school.

I was making dinner when the phone rang.  “Brandon will you get that?”

“Yep.”  He grabbed it.  “Martinez residence.”  He leaned on the counter beside me.  “Hi princess.  How’s college life?”  He chuckled.  “Yeah your mom’s right here…. We miss you too.  You coming home anytime soon?” I held my hand out.  “Your mom wants to talk to you.  Should I let her?...  I wouldn’t want to talk to her…. She’s gone insane.”  I hit his arm.  He laughed.  “Okay, here she is.”  He handed me the phone.  I kicked his butt making him laugh.

“Hi baby.”

“Hi momma.”

“What’re you doin’?”

“Studying with Eric.”

“Eric?  Derrick’s son?”

“Yes.”

“So are you coming to visit?”

“I will.  Next week is break.  Eric and I are riding down together.”

“Okay.  Can’t wait to see you.”

“Can’t wait to see you either.  I gotta go.  Love you.”

“Love you too.”  We hung up.

A week later, I was making Jeanna and Lauren’s favorite.  Carter was already here.  The door opened.  “Knock, knock.”  Brandon and I hugged Jeanna.  Eric stood off to the side with a little girl hiding behind him.  She was about two years old.  “You guys remember Eric.  This is Claire.  His daughter.”

“Well come in.”  Eric picked up the little girl and she hid her face in his neck.

“Don’t be shy.”  We sat in the living room.  Jeanna came in with some crayons and a coloring book.  She set it in front of Claire.

“Tank oo, Jea.”

“You’re welcome.”  She sat beside Eric.

“So are you two dating now?”

“Yep.”

“When we first met, I didn’t know she was my mate.  I think it had to deal with her not having her wolf yet.  When I moved I did get married and we had Claire.  Her mother died during childbirth.  I started going back to school to be a doctor and ran into Jeanna during class.  I’m glad I did.”  I saw Jeanna blush.

“How old is Claire?”

“She’s 2.”

“Jea, I tirsty.”  Jeanna offered her hand and Claire took it.  I followed them to the kitchen.  Jeanna grabbed a bottle of water, opened it, and handed it to Claire.

“Is Lauren on the way?”

“Yeah.  When I left she was still saying bye to Jeremy.”

“Yuck.”  We laughed.  “So, you and Eric are a thing now?”