Chapter 34: Dating Violence

Carlos and Jenna have not been on good grounds.  They've been together for 4 years and engaged for 3.  Jenna is a 20 year old in college.  Carlos feels as if he needs time off from the relationship because he is going overseas.  He wants to take time off from college.

---Jenna's POV---

I was at Carlos's apartment studying.  I had made him dinner because I was going to tell him I was pregnant.  He was working as a mechanic until after college when he would become a teacher.  I was studying to be a lawyer to protect individuals from what I endured before I met Zaya's family.

Carlos came home and didn't say much.  He looked as if he had a lot of his mind.  He didn't return my hug or kiss which hurt my feelings and my wolf.

After dinner, I was sitting beside Carlos while he watched TV.  "What's wrong?"  I asked quietly.  "Why are you angry with me?"

"Jenna, I need a break."

"From what?"

"Us."

"W-why?"

"I have too much going on right now, besides your grades are slipping."

"No they're not.  Carlos you can't."  he left the room shutting the door.  "Carlos, please."  I tried the door.  "Please, don't do this to me."  I sobbed.  "Don't do this to your unborn baby please."  he didn't respond.  I heard little movement.  "Carlos, please!  You promised!"

After finally giving up, I left and sat by the door to his apartment.  Zaya and Vince were out of town.  I called DJ.  He was done trying to get me back I was actually really good friends with his new mate and himself.  "Hello?"

"DJ?"

"Jenna?"

"I need you to come get me."

"Sure where are you?"

"I'm at Carlos's apartment building.  I don't know what to do."

"Hey, relax.  I'll be right there."

20 minutes later, DJ came up the stairs with his mate.  He took me to his parents' house.  His mom often checked on me.  I just laid there completely heart broken.

Around midnight, the door opened and I felt Zaya's hand brush through my hair.  She was my big sister since she and Vince took me in.  Vince was probably with Eliza, Lucas, Megan, and Bethany.  "Vince went to talk to him."

"It doesn't matter.  He made up his mind.  He doesn't want me or the baby."

---Vince's POV---

My knock turned into a pound when Zaya mindlinked me saying Jenna was pregnant.  Carlos opened the door.  I shoved passed him.  "What in the hell do you think you're doing?"

"What are you talking about?"  he asked.

"Jenna's pregnant you ass."

"She'll be fine."

"Why'd you break up with her in the first place?"

"Because, I'm not going to be here.  I don't need to hold her back."

"Dude, she loves you.  She's crushed.  Don't you want to see your kid?"

"You think I don't?"

"You tell her the truth.  If you don't I'll make you."

I left.  I got back, Zaya was sitting in the living room.  She looked up.  "Anything?"

"He's going overseas.  He said he'd talk to her, but I don't know."