Chapter 59: Families

This book is coming to an end.  I'm thinking of a sequel with a different family who is associated with the she-wolves' family of our lovely bunch of characters.  (Heather's, Melanie's, Zaya's, Eliza's, Jeanna's)  Book 2 might start off with either Jerica or Aleigh.  Who knows?

--Jeanna's POV--

Eric and I did remarry and were blessed with another girl our third pregnancy.  Of course that blessing did not occur until Jerica an Aleigh were 6 and Carly was 5.  We didn't need to rush.  I didn't hold out on him we were just being careful.

Eric was 34 and I was 33 (it took 5 years before Eric aged again so his mate could catch up).

Eric was sitting beside my hospital bed holding our fourth miracle Linnea Bell Allen.  "She's beautiful."  Eric said.  "Just like you baby."  He leaned in and gave me a kiss.  My grandfather came in.

"Knock, knock."

"Hi grandpa."

"Hey sweetie.  How's mom doing?"

"I'm fine.  Just tired."

"What about dad?"

"Fine.  I'm not the one who was in labor for 3 hours."

"Do you want Linnea in here or the nursery?"

"She can stay in here."  I said and Eric agreed.

"All right.  I'll be right back."  he left.  Eric moved his hand slightly moving his jacket from the other chair.  He covered me up with it.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."  I was laying on my side and I drifted off to sleep.

A week later, I was sitting at home.  Eric was sitting on the couch.  His feet on the coffee table.  He was filing out a job application trying to get a job at the hospital.  He was a med school graduate.  I was not.  I knew all the stuff to be a medic, but I was still trying to finish.  Linnea was sleeping in on her baby blanket beside Eric.  I put my arms around Eric's neck.  "Eric?"

"Hm?"

"Feet off the table please."

"Yes ma'am,"  he gave me a kiss.

That afternoon, Norah and Travis arrived.  Eric making Linnea a bottle.  Norah and Travis have been married for about 2 years.  She was pregnant with their first child.  Eric gave Travis a brotherly hug.  "Hey man.  How's it going?"

"Good.  Still no little Eric's huh?"

"Nope.  Eric's just a little girl anyway."  Eric gave me a dirty look and I stuck my tongue out in return.

"I don't care anyway.  I love my family.  How's that for a little girl?"  I laughed.  Eric picked up Linnea and started bottlefeeding her.  She loved her daddy.

"Poor little girl.  He's scary."

"She actually loves her daddy.  Carly and Aleigh were afraid of him for the longest time."

"Yeah.  How's that for punishment?"  Eric asked.

A month later, Linnea was burning up with a fever.  Eric was working and I couldn't get ahold of him.  My mom was on her way.  Linnea couldn't stop crying.  Norah was holding her while I was explaining to the police on the phone because someone called them and they called me.  My mom arrived with my grandfather.  I got off the phone.  Eric came home 20 minutes later, I was sitting beside my mom who was holding Linnea.  My grandfather rubbed my back.  "Where were you?"

"I got in a car accident.  I left my cell at the hospital."  My grandfather loooked up and so do I.  Eric had a massive cut to his head.

"Medical attention?"