Chapter 15: Mom's Pregnant with a boy

Aaron feels as if the news of the new baby could cause him to be sent back to the group home.  Jack and James are sent over seas and things go really bad for Carly.  She was left home alone with 4 year old Natalie while everyone else ran their errands.

---Carly's POV---

I had just finished video chatting with Jack and I went to take a shower.  Natalie was asleep in the fort I helped her build.

Next thing I knew I was in the hospital.  Melanie and everyone was surrounding my bed.  I saw a nurse getting into her kit.  I recognized it.  Rape kit.  Jack was coming back because he had heard about it.  James had to stay and I could tell it bothered Mel, but she wanted to take care of me more.  Natalie was crying in my dad's shoulder.  "I'll run these tests and tell the results."

Jack showed up that night.  We had been together for a year.  "Johnny!"

"Are you all right baby?"

"Please, don't leave me.  Please.  I'm so scared."

"Shh..."  he held me close.

---Melanie's POV---

James showed up earlier than expected.  I was sitting with my mom.  She was 2 months pregnant.  Carly was raped by Nick and was carrying his child.  Jack practically tore Nick apart, but he didn't force Carly into anything.

There was a knocked on the door.  I went to answer it.  "Who is it?"

"Sergeant James Walker hoping to escort the lovely Melanie Taylor"  I opened the door.  "Hey babe."

"Jamie!  What are you doing here!?"  I jumped in his arms and he spun me around with his free arm.

"As I was saying, you owe me a date baby."

"You have to leave again don't you'?"

"No."  I kissed him and he put me down.

"Pack business?"

"Some yes but I mostly came to be with my girl."  he said.  "I also heard about what happened.  I've removed Nick as my Beta."

":I already beat him up.  He's in the pack hospital."

That night, I was having an evening picnic with James.  "James?"  he was deep in thought.

"Hm?"

"Do you like it when I call you Jamie?"

"Yes.  Only you can call me that."  I moved closer to him.  He slid off his jacket and placed it around my shoulders.  "It's adorable.  Everyone else calls me James or Jimmy.  Having you call me Jamie makes me yours."  I turned and leaned back.  My head in his lap.  He smiled down at me.  I fed him a grape and he kissed my fingers.  I sat up and in his lap.  He kissed my ear telling me he missed me.

A month later, James was in a pack meeting.  I was sitting outside with my brother Aaron.  He feared being sent back because dad would have the son he always wanted.  After mom became pregnant by accident she was placed on immediate bedrest.  Dad was in the garage working on something.  Aaron and I went for a walk in the woods.  We got pretty far.  I couldn't see the house anymore.  Growling came from the trees.  We were surrounded by Greg's pack.  Greg lunged at me snapping his jaws.    I fell back landing on some rocks.  Suddenly James was in front of me in his large brown wolf.  James pack, our pack, guarded me and Aaron.

As if James told him Eric attacked Greg.  I covered my ears and James joined the fight.  Greg's pack was practically slaughtered right in front of me.  James shifted back and tried to touch me.  I ran home and right into my dad.  He caught me.  I hid my face in his sweatshirt.