Chapter 44: Forgiveness

No clues this tine

--Eliza's POV--

A week later, Brandon and I still weren't talking and my mom was babysitting for me while I was at the store.  When I arrived home, my mom was talking to the police.  "What's going on?"

"Someone called in for child abuse."

"What?"  My hands were cuffed behind my back.  "MOM!"

"She doesn't hit her babies!"  my mom was stopped.  I was put in the back of the police car.

In the cell, I was sitting on the top bunk.  Brandon was on his way.  "Looking for Eliza Patterson-Martinez."  the cell door opened.  "Eliza?"  I looked up.

"Brandon, you came."

"Of course I did."  he helped me down taking me in his arms.  I heard the locks click into place.  "What the hell, man?"  Brandon's arm holding me against his chest.

"You two are waiting here until CPS arrives to interview you.  In the meantime your kids are with Dr. Patterson and Mrs. Patterson."

An hour passed, I was sitting on the bunk again.  "Are you still mad at me?"

"Not really."  he said sitting up beside me.

"Then why did you avoid me all week?"

"My wolf was mad."  He said quietly.  "He was having conflicts with my vampire as well."

"Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do.  When we get out of here, I'll show you."  his mind was obviously on my body.

"Why did someone call and say we are abusing our babies?"

"I don't know baby."  he kissed my shoulder and I cringed a little.  He checked my shoulder.  "What happened?"

"I hit my shoulder last night.  I didn't say anything because you weren't talking to me."

"You know I'm sorry.  I shouldn't have been angry."

DHS showed up and we were let off with a warning.  We obviously didn't do it.

A year later, Brandon and I were staying in a cabin with his brother Jared and his sister in law Melodie.  We had a slight misunderstanding and his wolf showed his dominance.  When I woke up, I took a shower to ease the soreness.  I felt like I did when I was with Keith.  I felt raped or something.  I finished my shower and got dressed.  I went downstairs and into the kitchen.  I made myself a sandwich and felt Brandon's presence.  "Hey."  I backed away.  He did exactly what Keith did when his wolf took over.  "Eliza, don't."  I bolted out the door.  I kept running.  "Eliza!  Don't run away from me, please!"  I slipped and fell.  I gripped a root visible on the edge of the cliff.  "Eliza!"  I was sobbing.  

"You said you wouldn't do what he did.  You liar!"  I screamed at him.  I felt the root start to give.  I was sobbing uncontrollably now.  "You liar."  I slipped and fell into the water down below.  I screamed for Brandon.  His hand slipped from mine.

I woke up it was dark out.  I was freezing cold.  I started walking.  I found the cabin.  I heard running.  Brandon came running in his wof form.  He jumped on me licking my face.  The warmth and the shocks were comforting.  "I am so very sorry."  he said through our mind link.  "I've looked everywhere for you.  I was so worried about you.  I'm so glad you're okay."  He shifted and carried me inside.  I hugged him.  He set me in bed.  "You're freezing, Lizzie."  

  I was tired when I got here, but I was glad Brandon and I made up like we did. He made a bed on the floor since he broke the bed.  I was sitting on the couch falling asleep.  We could sleep on the couch, but there wasn't that much room.  Brandon lifted me up and settled me in the large sleeping bag.  It was big enough for both of us