Chapter 22: Christmas Awkwardness

Christina and Julia now live in Eliott's pack house because they are engaged to Mav and Eliott.  So far their parents don't knonw and Melanie hopes they tell them soon.  

---Melanie's POV---

Danny and I were decorating the tree with Zaya, Jr, Lauren, and a little help from Lena and Leah.  As part of our tradition, every year someone different puts the star on the top, but it just so happens it's my turn.  I couldn't stand on a chair or anything.  Danny decided to lifted me up bridal style and stand on the chair.  "You drop me, I'll kill you."  he smirked at my comment.  I put the star on the tree and Danny stepped down.  He set me on my feet and hugged me from behind.

"Merry Christmas baby."  we kissed.

The next day, my parents arrived with some pies and everyone else.  Christina and Eliott arrived.  "Hey."  I gave them a hug.  "Where's Mav and Julia?"

"Mav's not coming.  Julia should be here soon though."

Jack and Carly came with Jack Jr. and Christopher.  Danny and I were sitting together on the couch with Lena, Leah, and Lauren.  Zaya and DJ were playing with my dad.  The door opened and Julia came in.  I saw her black eye.  "Oh my God."  I jumped up and went to her.  My mom came in.  "What happened?"

"It was an accident."  My dad walked over.  Christina already told him about her being pregnant he didn't exactly approve, but he was happy.

"Where's Maverick?"

"I don't know."

"What happened?"  my dad made her look at him.  She broke down hugging him.  "Heather, call the pack doctor.  We need to see if the baby's okay."  When he said that she cried harder.  I was furious.  My wolf wanted out.  I was shaking.  "Danny."  he ran over.

"Come on, Mels."  Danny took me outside.  He folded my clothes after I shifted and did the same.  We went for a run.  I saw Maverick's wolf and went toward him.  Danny caught up and got in front of me.  I ran into him we fell over.  I growled at Maverick.  Danny pinned me down with his wolf.  Maverick ran off.  I ended up shifting back without thinking about it.  He gave me my stuff.  I put on the jeans and sweatshirt.  Danny made his way into my arms.  He was still in wolf form.  I hugged his neck.  Tears fell from my face making him whine.  

"Don't cry, baby.  I'll take care of him."  he licked my face making me giggle.  He went to shift.  He came back and helped me up.

I hugged him.  "How could he do that?  It's his baby."

"I don't know baby.  Anyone who lays a hand on their mate is sick."

"Everything all right?"  I looked up my dad standing by a tree.

"Is the pack doctor there?"

"Yes.  He made her lose it.  Julia's resting now.  Maverick knew what he was doing.  Your mother and I will tell her okay?"  I nodded.  I had a sharp pain in my ribs.  I grabbed my side.  "You shouldn't have shifted.  Danny, carry her.  I'll get the doctor."  he ran toward the house.  Danny carried me inside.

A year later, Christina and Eliott were married with 3 month old Eliott Jr.  I was jogging with Zeke and Zora.  Danny was at work.  The kids were spending time with Dann'y parents.  I checked for cars and started across the street.  A car came speeding around the corner.  I dropped the leashes and was hit before I could move any further.  I hit the windsheild and was unconscious by the time I hit the ground again.