Chapter 14: Carly's Got a Boyfriend

James and Melanie are still going strong as a great couple.  Jame's Beta, Nick, discovers Melanie's 14 year old sister Carly is his mate.  He's 17.  Nick fears that she is too young to know about him and so he avoids her as much as possible.  When things do not go according to plan, Nick must choose: reject Carly or put the age differences aside and be happy.

-----Melanie's POV----

James and I were having a water fight with Carson, Eric, Carly, and Nick.  After our water fights were over, James sat down and I sat in front of him.  He pulled me into his lap.  His flat abs against my back.  His chin resting on my shoulder.  "Don't forget our date later."

"How can I foget you remind me ever 10 minutes or less?"

"Hey, it's not my fault.  I want to be with the make-out queen."

"Make-out queen?"  he kissed my ear making me laugh.  My adopted brother came home from the park.

"Awe, I missed the water fight?"

"I don't know about everyone else, but I'm kinda cold."  

I had lost my wolf in a car accident after I met James.  We had been together for about a year now.

"Can you grab me a Mountain Dew?  I'll be right in."  I went inside feeling James's eyes on my butt.

"James you're a creep."  I set a Mountain Dew on the counter and ran upstairs.  I changed into some dry clothes.  I went back downstairs and ran right into James.  "Hey creepo."

"Creepo?  That is so nice of you."  

"I don't need a hug right now.  I just changed.  There's towels in the bathroom and you're bag of clothes are in my bathroom."

"Awe, really?"  he kissed my neck.  "I'll be right back."  I went outside and saw that Nick and Carly weren't around.  Aaron went inside.  James came outside and hugged my waist.

That night, James and I went out on our date.  We just went to the movies.  We were going to have pizza afterwords.  Everytime we came to the movies, we always almost got kicked out.  We make-out a lot.  I had saw NIck and Carly by the concessions.  Carly would text me if something was wrong.

Twenty minutes into the movie, my cell phone buzzed.  I pulled away from James.  I checked.  It was a text from Carly.  "Something wrong?"

"Nick ditched my sister."  James followed me.  I found Carly sitting on one of the benches.

"Carly what happened?"

"He found out we were mate.  He said I was too young.  Is that rejecting?"

"James."

"I'll order the pizza and grab my truck while you two talk."  He kissed my cheek and went.

"If it is it's his loss not yours.  James was my second chance and if NIck really did reject you then you'll find the right guy.  Okay?"

"We're three years apart."

"If he can't see what he's missing out on then it's his own fault okay?"  James pulled up in his truck.

At home, Carly was laying on the couch her head in mom's lap.  James and my dad were in the kitchen talking.  I went in the kitchen.  "How's she doing?"

"She's hurting."

"Do you want me to go talk to Nick?"

"Not a good idea.  It could make things worse.  Just let things sort it's self out.  Her inner wolf will tell her if it wants him."