Chapter 41: Martinez Family Ranch

The picture on the side is of Brandon and his brothers.

---Eliza's POV---

My parents were coming to Brandon's Ranch.  He was having a barbeque.  The kidnapping I endured last week still haunted me.  I still had the bruises and scrapes.  My wolf was greatly weakened.  I was still scared of someone coming after me.  Brandon was at the house.  I was in the stable getting acquiented with the horses when I heard something.  Someone touched my shoulder and I threw my elbow in their gut.  I was grabbed.  "Let go of me!"

---Brandon's POV---

"Let go of me!"  I heard Eliza scream.  "Help!"  I ran toward the stables.  I ran in.

"Jared let her go.  She's your Luna."  he let her go and she hid her face  in my chest.

"Alpha, I'm so sorry.  I heard something.  I didn't know she was your mate,  Please, sir."  he got to his knees.

"Stand up.  It's fine.  It was an accident."

"Luna, I apologize."

"It's fine.  Leave us.  I'll explain later."  he left nodding.  "Hey, angel, look at me."  she did.  I pressed my forehead to hers.  "I love you.  No one will ever hurt you again.  If it happens when I am not around, your protectors will be locked up, killed, or banished."  she shook her head.  "You are the Luna.  It is there duty to protect you."

"I love you Branny."  she hugged me.  Her arms around my neck.

"It's all right baby."  I said kissing her forehead.  "Did you want to go for a ride?"  I asked changing the subject.

"Will you come with me?"  she asked.

"We have to be back in 15.  Which one?"

"The black one."

"She's yours anyway.  We call her Shiver."  I said shrugging.

"Mine?"  she said getting excited.  I smiled accepting her hug.  "Thank you!"  I chuckled.

"You're welcome baby."  I opened the gate to her stable.  "Hey Shiv."  I gave her a sugar cube and handed one to Eliza.  She fed it to her.  I got on and held my hand out to Eliza.  She took it and I helped her up and behind me.

We exited the barn.  Eliza's hand in my free hand.  I got to the lake and jumped down.  "Go solo for a minute.  After dinner, I'm taking my horse and you'll take Shiver."  I watched her on Shiver.  Shiver seemed to know Eliza was a beginner, so she was safe at least.  A rogue appeared spooking Shiver.  "Eliza!"  Shiver freaked out.  "Hold on!"  she did as Shiver went up on her hind legs and landed taking off.  I mindlinked my brother Jared.  He came with two horses.  I jumped on and we went after Eliza and Shiver.  We found them just as Eliza flew off and into the lake.  Jared went after Shiver.  I jumped down and ran to Eliza.  I helped her up.  Her side was scratched up.  Jared came back with Shiver.

"I'll take Shiver back and call the pack doctor."  he went.

"Baby, are you all right?"

"You said I would be fine."

"Baby, I didn't know a rogue was there.  I couldn't hear or smell him or her.  All I could smell was you and Shiver.  I'm sorry."  She started walking away.  "Come on, I won't let you go."  I said taking her hand.  I helped her on my horse and got on.  We started back.  "Are you still mad at me?  I asked giving her the puppy dog face.  She elbowed me rolling her eyes.  I kissed her on the cheek.  We got to the house.  I got down and helped her down.  Jared took my horse, Stan, back to the barn.