Chapter 28: The Wedding Nightmare

The chapter title says all.

---Melanie's POV---

Zaya and Vincent were here.  They were getting married in about 3 weeks.  21 days.  Vincent's mom showed up and by the time she left Vincent and Zaya were arguing like she wanted.  Zaya left and Vincent went the other way.

I was reading a book when Zaya came in.  "Hey.  Where's Vincent?"

"Not here and I don't really care right now."  she sat down on the couch.

"You do care."

"This is all a big mistake."  she started to cry.

"Baby, no.  Vincent loves you."  I sat beside her and hugged her.  "His mom knew just what to say to cause a fight."

That night, Zaya was sitting outside playing with Kenya and Duke.  Vincent came in.  "Hey."

"Vince."  I said chopping up some vegetables.  "Zaya's outside if you want to apologize if you don't then she wants to be left alone."  Danny came in kissing my cheek

"She probably doesn't want to see me."

"You should go talk to her.  After she came back, she spent over an hour crying and started to regret the whole wedding thing."

20 minutes later, I went to get them.  They made up all right.  They were making out leaning against the railing.  "All right you two, it's time for dinner."  Zaya pulled away red faced.  Kenya and Duke ran into the house.  Zaya and Vincent followed me in.

After dinner, Zaya and Vincent went for a walk.

---Zaya's POV---

"I really am sorry."  Vincent said wrapping his arm around my shoulders kissing my hair.

"I know.  It'll happen again though.  Let's just not walk away.  We can talk about it and make up again."  I said hugging his waist.  He smiled.

A few days later, I was checking to see if my dress fit fine.  Vincent's mother was here because his father made her.  His goal was for us to get along.  My mom helping me get it zipped and it didn't.  My baby was growing so the bump was more noticeable.  "Well, if she wasn't pregnant it would fit just fine."

"Lucky for us, we knew this would happen and we have another dress same style, same price, just a little bigger."  my mom smiled at Carson and Carson winked at me.

At my parents' house, I sat in the kitchen sharing ice cream with my mom and aunts.  Vincent was out with his dad and my dad getting tuxedos sorted out.

They arrived in time for dinner.  Vincent gave me a kiss.  "Hey, so how'd it go today?"

"Your baby made more of an appearance and your mom made another rude comment toward me."

"Figures."

After dinner, Vincent and I were sitting up in my old room.  I was on my laptop watching a movie.  Vincent's arm around my waist kissing my neck.  "You're a pain in the butt."

"I know."  his phone rang and he moved over to answer it.  "Hello?"

"I'm going to get a brownie.  Want one?"  he nodded.  I went downstairs.  My mom was in the kitchen cleaning up.  "Hey.  Need some help?"  she looked up.

"No, thanks.  Looks like you need to get back to Vince."  she said referring to my neck.

"He's a butt."  she uncovered the brownies and cut three giving me two.  "Thanks.  Where'd dad go?"

"He took your brother for a run.  He had his first shift the other day and needs to get used to it.  When he turns 18 he's Alpha you know."

"Yeah."