Chapter 58: Trying

Will probably switch the rating from PG-13 to R because of the strong language I have used.  I feel as if it would be the right thing to do.  I don't want to cause any problems.  So, just do me a favor and don't be offened by the language and please be 18 years or older.  

--Jeanna's POV--

A week later, I was sitting on the porch.  Eric was now a hybrid because of Zora and I was marked as his.  I had a sprained ankle.  My foot elevated on a pillow with some ice.  My dad out in the yard with Jerica, Aleigh, and Carly.  Eric arrived.  "Hey, what happened to you?"

"I fell playing with the girls on their playset."

"Ouch.  How?"

"Carly fell and got hurt.  She wanted me to come get her.  I slipped and fell off the top step."

"Double ouch.  Any more injuries?"

"My back."  he sat down beside me lifting my feet into his lap.

"How bad's your back?"

"Some bad bruising.  Grandpa said to rest."

"Good.  Day one is just a movie."

"What's your vampire's name?"  I asked curiously.

"Luca."

"Luca?"

"That's what Zora calls him.  They communicate when we sleep."  I carefully moved my feet and stood up.

"Shouldn't you rest?"

"I need to move to a comfy spot."

"My lap?"  he offered with a wink.

"Very funny."  I limped toward the door.  He took my arm and helped.  He helped me sit down.

"Daddy?"  Carly said from the doorway.  He looked up.

"Hey baby girl."  she had her stuffed bear.  He held his arms open and she walked to him.  He hugged her.  "What are you doing?  Don't want to play with grandpa anymore?"

"No,"

"Oh yeah?  So what'cha playin'?"

"I was playing house.  Mr. Bear has owie."

"Oh, you need a doctor."

"Uh huh."

"Where's your first aid kit?"  she ran to her playpen and reached in and grabbed it.  He picked her up and put her in his lap.  I watched him "doctor" up Mr. Bear.  Carly laughed when he pretended to give himself a shot.  "There ya go, ma'am.  Service fee is a kiss."  she gave him a kiss.

"What do you say?"

"Thank you daddy."  He whispered something in her ear and she laughed running into the kitchen.

"Eric, don't you dare."  Carly came in and instead of getting me like he told her she got him.  I laughed.

"Hey!"

"Mommy say you do that."  Eric's face covered with pie.

"Well, mommy's hurt so I can get you."

'That's why I get you."

My mom came in.  "Carly!  Did you do that?"

"Yeah!  Daddy looks funny!"

"Honey, you forgot something."  My mom sprayed whipped cream on his head and put a cherry on top.  I took a picture of him and Carly.

That night, I was sitting on the floor in front of the couch.  My back extremely sore.  Eric sitting beside me.  I shoved a pillow behind my back.  "Hey, be careful.  Let me help."  He stood up and helped me up onto the couch.  The shocks from his touch nearly stopped the back pain.  He sat down and put my feet in his lap supporting my ankle.