Chapter 42: Marriage and Brandon's Parents

Brandon's parents end up getting a divorce and shortly after his father remarries to the evil stepmonster.

--Eliza's POV--

Brandon and I were in a meeting at his company.  I was his intern which meant I had to sit right beside him and was at risk of his hand exploring my thigh.  I was having a bad day, my mom had been in a car accident.  My mind was elsewhere.  "Miss Patterson, are you listening?"  Brandon's dad asked.  

"Oh, yeah.  Sorry."  Brandon leaned over to my ear.

"Go get ready.  I'll end the meeting and take you to see your mom."

"Thank you."  I went into the office that I shared with Brandon.  I was putting my things away and felt his arms slid around me.

"Do you want to take some time off?"

"Brandon, I just want my mom."  I turned and hugged him, my face pressed into his warm suit jacket.  "Why hasn't she woken up?  Daddy said she was dying.  Brandon, she can't."

"Baby, don't give up okay?  Your mother is strong and she can't wait to see us get engaged, married, and start a family.  Your father hasn't left her side which means she is healing a little faster."

"Can we go see her?"

"Of course sweetheart."  he grabbed my coat and held it out for me.  I slid my arms into it and he gently pulled my hair out of the back.  He held my hand and we left the building.  He unlocked the car door and helped me in.  He got in the driver's side and started driving.

At the hospital, my dad was sitting in one of the chairs in the private waiting room with my brothers and sisters.  "Hi daddy."

"Hi baby."  he stood and hugged me.

"How's momma?"

"She hasn't woke up yet.  Brandon, how are you?"

"Okay."

That night, I was visiting my mom when Brandon came in with my dad,  My mom was awake.  "Hello dear."  My dad hugged her.  Brandon gave me a kiss.

"I was going tp wait, but I can't and I hope it will give you more strength to get through this."  Brandon knelt in front of me.

"It's about time,"

"You're telling me."

"Eliza Jane Patterson,  you are my everything and my one and only.  Which is why I pick now to ask you this.  Will you do me the tremendous honor of marrying me?  To be my best friend, my mate, my wife, my forever."

"Yes."  He put the ring on my finger and kissed me.  We hugged my parents.

"When is the wedding anyway?"

"I already planned that part."  I said hugging Brandon's waist.  "January 29."

"That's 6 months away."  my dad said.

"I don't want a long engagement and it's after graduation.  I also want to be married before he goes on his business trip."  I said feeling Brandon's hand at my shoulder now.

"When would it be if you did wait?"

"After he gets back."

"When would that have been?"

"April and I want to go with."

'Well, start bringing some wedding planning stuff in and we can start looking.  I need something to do."

The nurse came in 20 minutes later,  "I'm sorry, but visiting hours are over.  Alpha would you like to stay with your wife?"

"Vince, you should go home and rest.  Eliza and Brandon can help you I'm sure."