Part of that magic

Alright calm down.

You are just playing bass you have done this thousands of times.

Not in front of a crowd of thousands!!!

I see your point.

I am freaking out!

Alright just calm down maybe the guys and gee can help you with that.

Okay I will see.

“Hey baby. We have rehearsal in a couple minutes, we need to see if you know all the songs in the set list.”

“A-alright. I know every bass line Gee. So I am good. I guess I just need to see how I go with the band.”

“Yeah we do. Bells are you alright?”

“Fuck no I am far from okay.”

“Whats wrong?”

“I am really I am really super nervous. I don’t know how you guys do it every night and not throw up and shit your pants.”

“alright breathe. And second I will tell you on how to handle the nerves when show time is around the corner. Okay?”

“Okay.”

I gathered my bass and went with Gee to the stage at the venue.

“oh my…this place is huge!”

“Yeah I know. And it’s going to be filled with screams, cheers and smiling faces tonight sugar. And you get to be a part of that magic with us.”

“Now I am definitely freaked out.”

“Now relax and plug in. You are going to be using a wireless system tonight, so we are going to have you practice with it now. Okay?”

“Alright. What is the set list?”

He told me the set list and we began to rehearse.

I knew all the bass lines and played them with ease.

The guys got comfortable with the idea that there was going to be a chick on stage with them for a couple of days.

We ended our rehearsal and the guys gave me a few tips.

Frank was first.

“Bells don’t just stand there, move around. Have fun. You know the bass lines by heart so you won’t screw up if you move around.”

The ray

“same goes here. Just let yourself go and have fun with it.”

Bob

“They have said it and oh wear something you don’t mind being drenched in sweat and smile a bit hun.”

And then finally Gerard.

“What were you planning on wearing?”

“I don’t know I am going to look through my clothes and see.”

“Okay babe, just make sure its something you can move around in okay?”

“Okay sugar.”

“I love it when you call me that.”

We smiled and shared a sweet kiss.

“Alright I am going to head back to the bus to see what I am wearing.”

“I will come with.”

“come on then slow poke.”

We held hands and walked off.