Long Lost Pt. 1

Tremaine Neverson

The kids were on break and summer was literally around the corner. The smell of bacon woke me up as Kera was displaced from her side of the bed. Entering the bathroom, I brush my teeth along with washing my face. I heard Mace's little barking from a far.

10 minutes later.

Adrian was in his high chair sucking his pacifier, while Jayden sat in the living room watching SpongeBob. Layla was playing with Mace, while I wrapped my hands around Kera's waist.

"You feel me?"

"Tremaine move, I felt you last night in the shower." She whispers.

I continued to stand behind her helping her mix the eggs, and fry up the rest of the bacon. When the breakfast got done, we sat at the dinner table and ate.

Layla prepared Mace dog food in his boul and filling up his water dish. She's really doing well with taking care of him.

"I'm proud of you Lay. Mace is really lucky." I say as she flips her hair as if this is nothing. She gets it from her mama.

"Yasss boo." Says Kera.

I drop my fork purposely onto the plate looking into Kera's eyes. She stuffed her face avoiding eye contact.

***

Kera and Layla went shopping for Mace, Adrian and themselves.
Jayden got whatever was in his room, and got inside the car to go home. I backed out of the driveway heading to his mama's.

About twenty minutes riding through little traffic, we ended up into her driveway. Both of us got out, as I hit the locks on my Range. She let us in sitting in the living room. Jayden almost went upstairs until she called him back down.

"Jayden what is this?" Nia asked taking out the little weed bag, the red bandana, and blood gang drawings.

"My shit- stuff. Why was you in my room in the first place?" He stands up acting as if he's twenty five.

"That's not the damn point. Why the hell is this shit in you room." He hadn't said anything again as Nia's eyes started to water up.

"This blood and crip stuff is not a fucking game Jayden. What's going on man? And sit down." He took a seat on the couch after sighing.

"I don't know." He said.

"No, this weed and gang shit, hell no. You not finna' be apart of it, you not finna' be in it. Get rid of this shit and I mean all of it. Don't you ever disrespect any adult again, because I can definitely show you gang. Understand?"

"Yeah." He got up.

"Excuse me. Don't say yeah. Who the hell you think you talking too?"

"Yes sir." I look at him for about ten seconds until he runs off upstairs. I sighed, because I really didn't know if someone or something was bothering him. And as a parent, I should know.

Nia wipes her tears and gets up to throw the stuff away.

"You good?" I ask.