I Forgive You

Tremaine Neverson

Tremaine Neverson

I removed myself from beach stage in Florida after singing ten songs, with special appearances by Dj Khaled, Rick Ross, Future, Drake and KidInk. I've been texting Kera for five hours straight. I don't know if she was ignoring the calls or just playing games.

Sweat was creating on my body, so I sat by the air conditioner and cooled off. This was my seventh show within the last week. I still had a week of performances and luckily the lady one was back home, in California.

I grab my phone again, calling Kera but it went straight to voicemail. That's weird.

Kera Neverson

"Kera please I'm begging you." I was two inches away from him seeing his eyes blood shot red, his body look blue and hearing his heart racing.

I helped him up with the kindness out of my heart. After all he's did to me, I have no hate towards this man. I know if I did, I wouldn't be this successful in my life or career.

With one arm over my shoulder I made it to the couch, just when he continued to cough. I picked up a un open water bottle and handed it to him.

"You okay?"

"Thank you. But no I'm dying. I have heart disease and at this point there is no cure. I can't even get no fucking health insurance. I just go outta jail two days ago, and had no where to go." He sobbs and I feel bad.

Me. Feeling bad? After he raped me, killed my unborn child, abused me. I Kera Neverson felt bad for him. Over the I've learned to come closer to God and forgive people. No matter what people do and say if yiu continue to dwell you become broken and unsuccessful. I forgive De'rell totally because everything happens for a reason.  But I will never forget.

"I'm so sorry." Unsure of what to say to him. Sorry because he has heart disease, no other reason.

"But thank you Kera. After everything I put you and your family through. Thank you." He says and I nod and walk out tonget more blankets.

I've been here since ten am to now eight pm, my phone was completely dead and my charger was in the car. Plus, I've told everyone where I'd be so no one should be worried.

***

My phone finally got up to ten percent after leaving CHC and picking up the kids from Korea's. Trey messages and missed calls immediately alerted me. I dialed his number and he picked up instinctively.

"Kera, why you ain't answer--"

"Let's no start today okay. I was helping out at the help center." I sat cutting him off.

"And you ain't answer you phone." The same conversation every time. He gets mad at me when I don't answer and vise vera. I stay silent for a while.

"Hello."

"I'm still on." I sigh evidently.

"Whatchu' doing?"