Fourth Of July

Tremaine Neverson

Without any sudden moment her lips crashed into mine for a while. Her arms around my neck, with my hands directly on her waist. I didn't want this moment to end, could it last forever?

She stopped pulling away from me. Tears struck out my eyes finally because for some reason that kiss, felt like the last kiss I'd ever get from her.

Her hands laid with mine as I gathered myself up from crying. I damn sure know no, I didn't want the love of my life, my queen to leave out of our relationship as husband and wife.

"T-Tell me what I gotta do to fix this right now. I can't lose you Kera Neverson and I won't. Tell me what to do so you wont leave, and you can be in my arms. Tell me what to do baby!" I say resting my forehead against hers.

"J-Just love me." After the moment of silence, our heartbeats and crys in sync. I instantly knew the love I was giving her wasn't, the love I'd want. There were more bad days than good, and it was my fault. She always treated my like a king, so why didn't I treat her like a queen. They say you love someone more after they've gone. In this case she damn sure wasn't leaving.

A month later.

Kera Neverson

Today marks a month Tremaine and I have gone to therapy. A month ago, I did say I was going to leave him, but I'm glad we're deciding to work on our relationship. For the sake of us, and children. We entered his Rolls-Royce as my shades go on the top of my head. The kids were still sleep, and we had JayR watch them until we got back.

"Ready?" Trey asks.

"Mhm." I reply feeling his hands bring my face close to his for a kiss.

****

"Hey Trey, Kera. How are you guys?" Our therapist asked.

"Better, and better everyday." Trey answers.

"How are you feeling Kera. Today has been officially a month. Since you guys first came in here?"

"I'm actually in a great mood. I feel we've made so much progress and I just hope to continue to do that." I smiled.

"Do you feel you've made an improvement since the first time you came her?" The therapist asked Tremaine.

"Of course, once she said she'd leave you know that was it. Because she's my everything and we been through so much. So I knew something needed to be done." He says.

"What else could you do, to make this last."

"I want to spend more time with my kids, and be there for my wife." He kissed my lips multiple times.

An hour later.

Entering the house on this hot sunny day, Layla was yelling for some reason, Adrian was babbling and JayR found this just funny.

"What happened?" I aked.

"Mace pooped behind---"

"I hope you finna say outside." I cut in, but by the look of her face it was inside.

"Clean it up."

"But mommy--" she says whiny.

"Your responsibility Layla. Or we can sit here and argue and not go to the fireworks show." She sighed and got to it.

Adrian resides on my hip as Trey contributed cleaning up the poop on the floor. Dre started chewing  his fingers just as I took them out of his mouth.

"Dre you hungry?" He looked at me in the process of making noises.

Being that it was the Fourth of July and Brittany and Chris is throwing a party later on. We also had planned on going to the fireworks show at around eight.