Chapter 3: Battling The One-Tails

Deidara was trying to get me to talk throughout the whole time we walked to the Hidden Sand. But I didn't feel like talking right now. "Come on. Just say one word, un." Deidara said. "One word." I said, emotionlessly.

"We're here." Sasori said. Hmm... This place doesn't look like it's changed a bit. "Nue, since you're new at this, you go ahead and see how many guards there are." Sasori said. I nodded my head and took off into the sky. I flew around and saw three guards with binoculars.

"That many, huh? Such poor security." I murmured. I turned around and flew back to where Sasori and Deidara was. "There's only three guards." I informed. "Good." Sasori acknowledged. "We'll take it from here. Sasori, un,"

Deidara threw a piece of clay to the ground and made a hand sign, creating a bird, before getting onto its back. "Let's go, Nue." He said, holding out his hand to me. I grabbed onto it and he hoisted me onto the bird. "Just don't keep me waiting, Deidara." Sasori growled. Deidara smirked and took off.

"I definitely need a nap after this." I said. "Don't worry, Nue. This'll be over before you know it, un." Deidara assured me. "I hope so. Otherwise, I might have to fall asleep during the battle. On second thought, tha sounds like a bad idea." I said as we were approaching the three guards.

"These fools don't know the true meaning of art, un." Deidara said. He reached into his clay pouch and pulled out these spider-like bombs. He threw them in the air and they landed a little bit away from the guards.

I watched as the guards turned around and the spiders jumped on their faces. "The true meaning of art... is an explosion!" Deidara said. The spider activated, blowing up in all the guards' faces. 

"Well, that was easier than I thought." I mentioned. Were these guys inexperienced or something? "Let's go." Deidara said. We jumped off his bird, landing on the roof of the Kazekage House. "Infiltration complete, un." Deidara said. "Not quite. Look." I said. 

Gaara was staring down at us with his arms crossed over his chest, definitely unamused. "Looks like this will be interesting, yeah." Deidara said as he reached into his pouch. I saw Gaara's sand about to attack us, so I quickly grabbed Deidara and leaped into the air, his bird catching us right on time.

That was a close one. I looked back and saw Gaara quickly following behind us with his sand. "It's been a while... Gaara of the Desert." I said. "Who are you? How do you know me?" Gaara asked, his tone emotionless.

"I don't know you. Not anymore, anway," I narrowed my eyes at him with a frown.

"Deidara, leave this to me. I'll handle this." I said. "All right. But I'm gonna get in the middle of it soon, whether you want my help or not, un." Deidara said as he backed off. "Don't talk like Kakuzu. You'll give me a headache," I looked back towards Gaara.

"Follow me, One-Tails." I said. I flew up in the air with Gaara following me. "You're the same as you were back then. I find it almost interesting, but at the same time, pathetic. How'd you know my partner and I were here?" I demanded.

"Birds like those don't exist around here." Gaara mentioned. I smirked. "Really?" I asked, surprised. I dashed towards him with a kunai knife. As expected, his sand got in the way. His sand wrapped around both of my wrist, making me drop the knife.

He pulled me closer until we were face to face. I tilted my head down so my straw hat was covering my face. "Why are you here? Tell me." Gaara commanded. I didn't answer as I kept my head down. His eyes went from my face to my back. "Those features... No, it can't be. There's no way," He looked at me. 

"Nue?" Gaara asked. I frowned and kicked him in the chest, getting away from him. "Nue, wait!" Gaara called. I flew away from him. I looked back to see his sand trying to catch me. Dammit. I began to fly faster. "Stay away!" I shouted. 

I flew past houses as the sand caught up to me. As I was flying faster, my straw hat fell off. I didn't bother going back for it. I gasped as I felt the sand grab my ankle. Shit! I hit the sand away with my tails and flew away. I didn't expect the sand to break so easily. 

To be honest, I don't know my own strength. The sand caught up quickly as it was coming for my face. Oh shit! I'm screwed! I felt something shove me out of the way, keeping me out of the sand's reach. 

I looked back and saw Deidara's arm caught in the sand's grip. Oh-no. "Deidara!" I called out of worry. Too late. His arm got crushed within the sand. He fell off his bird, falling to the ground. I quickly flew after him, then caught him over my shoulder. 

I took him to a secure place where he would stay off the battlefield. Once I got him settled, I looked at him with a frown. "Why?" I demanded. "Like I said, I was gonna cut in whether you like it or not, un." Deidara said with a gentle smile.

I sighed. "You're an idiot. You shouldn't be getting yourself hurt like that for me. I can take care of myself." I said. "Sorry." Deidara said with a grin. "Good grief," I flicked his forehead. "Don't do it again." I said.  

For some reason, that made Deidara chuckle. "Stay here." I ordered before taking off, flying back to Gaara. "It's just you and me now, Gaara." I said. "Nue, why are you doing this? Why have you joined Akatsuki?" Gaara asked. 

"That is none of your concern." I said coldly. "Yes, it is. I'm your friend." He said. "No, you're not!" My eyes changed purple and turned my arms into black tentacles. I moved my tentacle arms, making them reach for Gaara.

As expected, his sand protected him, as expected. "That won't work." I muttered. My tentacles broke through his defense and wrapped around him. I let go once I made a black snake wrap around him as it began to squeeze the life out of him.

His sand tried to pry the snake off, but it was useless. "The more you struggle, the tighter it'll squeeze you. You're just making it harder on yourself." I told him. Gaara began to grunt in pain as my snake continued to squeeze him.

I threw a kunai knife at him with a paper bomb attached to it. "Let's see you get out of this one." I said before the tag went off, making a small explosion. The snake disappeared and Gaara was unconscious. I watched as he began to fall. I flew down and caught him.

"You wouldn't understand." I said. But it's okay. I don't expect him to understand. No one in the world could possibly understand. "So, is it done, un?" Deidara asked as he flew up to me on his bird. I nodded my head. My gaze went to his severed arm. 

Deidara noticed and rested his free hand on my shoulder. "I'm fine, Nue, yeah. Really." Deidara assured me. I looked him in the eyes and nodded. "Let's go. We've kept Sasori waiting long enough." I said as it was already dark.

We flew back to Sasori and he was not happy. "I thought I told you not to keep me waiting!" He snapped. Deidara and I quickly ducked our heads when Sasori tail swung at us. "Whoa, calm down, danna, un." Deidara said. 

"We have the One-Tails, so don't get your tail in a knot." I said. Deidara jumped off his bird and began to walk. I remained quiet as we walked away from the village. Phase 1 complete. Now it's time for Phase 2, and that's to extract the One Tails from the host.

That is if we don't get delayed.

I decided I'm going to be dedicating chapters to random people for this book