Chapter 13: A Test of Skill; Pain vs. Pleasure

"Again." Pein ordered me. I quickly got back on my feet and charged at him. I tried to slash him with my katana, but he was dodging all my attacks. "You still lack speed." He mentioned as he continued to dodge my attacks. I went to throw a punch to his face, but he caught my wrist.

I frowned at him in anger as he stared at me with no emotion. "Don't let your enemy see your weakness." Pein said. "What weakness?" I demanded. At first, I thought he was talking about how I didn't like people talking about my wings and tails.

But I was taken by surprise when he flipped me over his shoulder. I landed on my back with a light thud. I got back up to attack him, but stopped myself just in time when Pein aimed the tip of a kunai knife at my neck. I frowned again.

"Don't believe everything you enemy says." He advised, emotionlessly. I sighed in defeat. Yeah, that one's on me. "Yes, sir." I muttered. He held out his hand in which I grabbed onto it and he helped me to my feet.

"You know, this training session would be a lot easier for me if I had a little taste of your blood." I stated. "Not a chance." Pein said, then vanished somewhere. I guess that means my training is over for the night and he went to his office.

"And that's my cue to get a snack." I said. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed myself some strawberry yogurt from the fridge. When I closed the door, Tobi was standing right there, making me jump slightly.

"You startled me, Tobi. What are you still doing up? It's late." I said. "Tobi wants to show Nue-chan something really cool." He said. I raised a brow at him. "Okay. What is it that you want to show me?" I asked.

"It's outside. Follow Tobi!" He cheered. He turned around and ran out of the base. I blinked my eyes from how fast he was and chased after him, leaving my yogurt on the table. "Tobi, slow down!" I called as I tried to catch up with him.

How much sugar did he have to run this fast? "Tobi, where are you?" I called. I pushed past huge leaves as I searched for him. "Tobi, we're too far from the base! Pein's going to wonder where we are!" I said. "Over here, Nue-chan!"

I looked to my right and saw Tobi waving to me from a few feet away. I vanished to where he was and saw him standing in front a curtain of leaves. "Okay, Tobi. What's this thing you wanted to show me?" I asked with my arms crossed over my chest.

"It's in there." He said, pointing at the curtain of leaves. I looked at the leaves, then at him. "In there?" I repeated. He nodded his head. I sighed and went through the curtain of leaves. I found myself in a beautiful field with a waterfall. "Whoa..." I said in amazement.

"This is Tobi's secret place. But this is his favorite spot." Tobi said before walking ahead, approaching the waterfall. " Tobi said as he stood beside me. "The waterfall is your favorite spot?" I asked, confused.

"Not the waterfall, Nue-chan. But what's behind the waterfall." 

"I don't get it."

"Tobi will show you."

I gasped when Tobi suddenly pushed towards the waterfall. I went through it and saw that I was in a cave filled with glowing crystals. "Wow..." I whispered. "Does Nue-chan like it?" Tobi asked from behind me. "It's... beautiful." I said, quietly.

(A Few Minutes Earlier) 3rd Person's POV

"I can't believe you talked me into this." Kiyoshi said as his fellow pet Misaki, led the way to where Nue was. "You can't turn back now. We're almost there," Misaki stepped over a tree root and continued forward. "I'm surprised the witch doctor made you look handsome." She commented. (Picture of Kiyoshi below)