Chapter 52: Had Enough

"Why... are you here?" I asked him. "I couldn't just let my best friend die." He said with a smile. My eyes widened whe he said that and I hugged him. "Thank you." I whispered, almost wanting to cry. I broke the hug and we stood to our feet.

"Sasuke, come on. Sakura and Nue are comrades of Team 7, remember?" Naruto said. "You mean former comrades. I'm off your team." Sasuke replied. "Now, do you understand, Naruto? Sakura? His attempt to kill is undeniable. Sasuke is no longer the person you once knew." Kakashi said while Sasuke smirked.

Naruto took a few steps forward and tried to reason with Sasuke. "Listen, Sasuke."

"What do you want?" He demanded. "I know the truth about Itachi. That guy, Tobi, told me everything. Then again, maybe he was lying. I guess I can't really know for sure. But it doesn't matter. What you've been doing... I get it, Sasuke!" Naruto said.

Sasuke's hand clenched into fist. "Naruto... Just like I told you before... You never had a family or siblings in the first place. You couldn't possibly get it! So, all you outsiders can just shut up!" Sasuke snapped.

"Do you know what Naruto has gone through for you? No matter what we hear you've done, he still considers you a comrade! When everyone wanted to turn on you, Naruto alone stood up for you and wanted to rescue you! Even now..." Sakura explained.

"Rescue me? From what?" Sasuke asked. "Not what from..." She said. "From revenge, Sasuke." Naruto answered. "I swear, I'll save you. From revenge and from all of the chaos that it causes."

"Heh. But I don't want you to do that. The stage has already been set for my vengeance." Sasuke said, making everyone gasp. "Not long ago, I finally got my revenge on the one behind Itachi's betrayal." Sasuke said, referring to Danzo.

"I took down a high-ranking Hidden Leaf elder right here. The one called Danzo. I've never felt like this before! I can feel the tainted Uchiha name becoming cleansed!" He said as he began to rant about the Uchiha name and how he was going to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village. 

"Do you see it now, Nue? This is the cycle of hatred. He's too far gone. Nothing can save him now." Eun mentioned inside my mind. "You son of a bitch." I muttered, creating a fireball in my hand.

"You scum. You call yourself cleansing the Uchiha name when really you're just doing this to make yourself feel better! I should've killed you when I had the chance!" I snapped. "No, Nue!" Kakashi stopped me as Naruto made two clones of himself.

"This is my responsibility." He said. Sasuke smirked as he charged his Chidori. "I want you to look after Sasuke after I die." Itachi's words rung in my ears, making me grit my teeth. "I'm sorry, Itachi... but this is one promise... that I'll have to break." I whispered.

Sasuke walked forward while Kakashi walked in front of me, charging his Lightning Blade. "Kakashi... Are you planning to kill him, don't you?" I asked him, making Naruto and Sakura gasp. "Go. Both of you." Kakashi ordered, avoiding Naruto's question.

Naruto's clone quickly grabbed Kakashi, holding him back while Naruto quickly created his Rasengan. He ran forward as Sasuke did the same. "Now's my chance! And I'm not going to hold back!" Sasuke yelled as he charged forward. 

"Wait, Naruto!" Kakashi called, trying to get out of Naruto's clone's hold. As I watched them charge at each other, I got an image of how it was three years ago; The two of them charged at each other, ready to kill each other.

"Don't!" I called, flying towards them. Looks like I'm making the same move again. I shot myself in between them, and just like last time, Naruto's Rasengan went through my stomach while Sasuke's Chidori went through my chest.

When we collided, all three of us went flying back. Kakashi caught Naruto while Zetsu caught Sasuke. As for me, I twisted my body like a cat and landed on my hands and feet, skidding back on the water. I stopped near Sakura's side as I stayed on my hands and feet.

"Naruto, I told you to go back to the village." Kakashi scolded him. Naruto panted before speaking. "It's... all clear to me now."

"It's all clear? What do you mean by that, Naruto?" Kakashi asked. "Things can't get any worse." I murmured. But of course, the universe just loves proving me wrong as Madara appeared. "Great." I said, sarcastically before falling on top of the water.

"Nue! Are you okay?" Sakura asked, worried. I have two giant holes on my body... What the hell do you think?!

"Don't try to move. Let me heal you. You need to rest. Then again, you'll black out any moment now." Eun informed. "Gee, thanks for the heads-up." I mumbled, sarcastically. But like Eun said, I did black out.

I don't know how long I was out for, but I definitely woke up when I felt better. "There, you're all done. I managed to heal your wounds, but I wasn't able to restore your strength. Don't go fighting again or I won't be there to heal you." Eun said.

"Thanks, Eun." I said. I weakly lifted my head as Sasuke smirked at Naruto and he smirked back, both of them quite confident.

"Don't bother, Kakashi. That jutsu won't work on me. Let's go, Sasuke." Madara said. "Madara... I wanna talk to you later." Sasuke said. "Nue, come. Now." Madara ordered.

I stood to my feet. "No," I shook my head. "Did you just say no?" Madara questioned, his voice a tad angry. "Uh-huh." I said. "Why?"

"Because... I don't wanna do this anymore." I said as I lowered my head so my hair covered my eyes. "Nue-chan, let's go. We have to leave." Naruto said. "No." I repeated, shaking my head again. "I'm not going with you either," I faced him and smiled as tears ran down my cheeks. 

"What will going back to the village do for me now, Naruto? It won't make a difference. The villagers already think I'm a traitor, and they don't even trust me. I know the rumors started right after I was kidnapped. It's very clear what the villagers think of me, and you know what? It doesn't mater. I am a freak, a monster. Naruto... thank you for all the kindness you've showed me, for everything you've done for me. But I can't go back with you. Not because of the villagers. Not because of you. But because... I don't want to be taken advantage of anymore." I said.

"Nue-chan, that's crazy! We would never take advantage of you!" Naruto said. "Nue, what about Maria? What about her? Don't you want to see her again? She misses you, Nue! She wants you to come home!" Kakashi said.

"I don't know anymore!" I screamed while grabbing my head. "I don't know! I don't know! I'm just tired of it, okay? I'm tired of feeling angry, feeling sad, feeling used, feeling pain! I'm tired of war, the Akatsuki, fighting for good and evil, risking my life for others, losing people everywhere I go, being lied to! I've put up with it along enough! I can't take it anymore!" I screamed as I closed my eyes tightly.

"Then... what do you want, Nue?" Sakura asked. I opened his eyes as my hands fell to my sides.
"What do I want?" I repeated. I smirked as my head was lowered, my hair covering my eyes again. "That's easy. I just wanna disappear."

I used the Body Flicker Jutsu and vanished to Karin. I picked her up bridal style, then looked back at the ninjas. "Don't bother looking for me because you won't find me. Nue Houjuu is dead." I announced to everyone.

I vanished with Karin as far away as possible.

I know what I must do now. I've found my new purpose. No more promises. No more being afraid.

I'm going to get stronger and I am going to defeat Madara. If anyone tries to stop me, I'll kill them. It's not a promise. It's a threat.