Chapter 76: Epilogue

Nue's POV

I blinked my eyes a couple times and looked around the room until my eyes landed on Karin, Naruto, Sakura, Sai, Lee, Tenten, Kiba, Shino, Hinata, Choji, Ino, Tsunade, and Orochimaru. "Hey, guys. What's up?" I asked, casually. 

"Nue!" They cheered before all of them hugged me at the same time except for Sai, Tsunade and Orochimaru. I smiled and hugged them all back. "We're so happy to have you back, Nue!" Kiba said. "I've missed you all so much." I said. 

I looked around, noticing one person who I wanted to see wasn't here. "What's the matter Nue?" Karin asked. "Oh, it's nothing. I just... I was hoping to see Gaara." I said. "He had some work to do with him being Kazekage and all." Shikamaru explained. 

"I understand." I said, giving a nod. "Nue, before you came back to us, Eun left through the window. Did something happen?" Naruto asked. "No, nothing happened," I said, shaking my head. "I just gave her the freedom she deserved." 

"Hey, you've got wings growing on your back!" Tenten said. "I do?" I asked. "Yeah, and they're red and blue!" Choji chimed in. "I see..." I looked down at the sheets, thinking of Deidara.

When we were together, he told me how he dreamed of flying in the sky with a pair of white wings on his back. I wish I could see him again one last time. "Nue," Orochimaru said, grabbing my attention. "Look out the window."

"Look out the window?" I repeated. "What for?"

"There's something I've put out there for you. Have a look." He said. I gave a blunt look. "I don't trust that look on your face." I stated. "Don't worry. I'm sure you'll enjoy it." Orochimaru said. I did as he said and looked out the window. 

My eyes widened in disbelief when I saw who was outside. I jumped out of bed and ran out of the room. "Huh?! Nue-chan, where are you going?! What did you see?!" Naruto called. I ran down the hall, then down the stairs. 

I tripped and fell on the floor, but I quickly got back up and continued to run until I finally got outside. I panted lightly as Deidara stood a few feet away from me. He wasn't in the Reanimation Jutsu. He was completely whole, alive, and well. 

"Hey, Kitten." Deidara said, smiling. "Deidara... Is it really you?" I asked. "Of course it's me. In the flesh." He chuckled. Tears swelled up in my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. "Hey, what's with the tears, Kitten? Don't look so sad." Deidara said. 

I closed my eyes tightly as more tears spilled, then ran at him. I hugged him tightly while bringing both of us to the ground. Deidara laughed as he went down and hugged me back. I began to cry in his chest, happy that he was alive and here with me. 

"But I don't understand. How are you here? How are you alive?" I asked. "I used Hotaru's scroll to revive him. All it took was an item of the deceased person." Orochimaru explained as he walked over to us.

"Orochimaru? You brought him back?" I asked, standing to my feet while helping Deidara. "Of course. Sadly, I couldn't bring back your mother because the jutsu was only enough for one person. I knew if I brought back Deidara, that would be more than enough to make you happy." Orochimaru stated.

"And it was. Thank you, Orochimaru." I said, hugging him. I ran back over to Deidara and hugged him again as he hugged me back while spinning me around. Once he set me down, I kissed him while wrapping my arms around his neck. 

Deidara kissed back as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I love you, Deidara." I said, gazing into his blue eyes. "I love you, too, Kitten." He said back, then kissed me again. 

Orochimaru's POV

"Aren't you going to tell her?" Tsunade asked as she stood beside me. "Tell her what?" I asked. "You know what I'm talking about. That you're her godfather." She said. I glanced at her, then looked at Nue as she and Deidara were happy.