Storms

A/N: This one took two nights to write. Only bc I fell asleep writing the first night and I only wrote like a page. So I wrote more. So here it is. Okay.

~Samm ^~^

When it comes to disaster situations, I lose my mind. I go insane. I'm terrified. Nothing brings me joy. I dwell too heavily on the negative. I hide from the loud noises. The sound of a bowling ball rolling down the lane. The loud crashing of the ball with the pins. The endless strikes. I wish I had that kinda of accuracy. The flashes of white light. The cracks in the darkened sky. The whistling of the wind. The fear of certain death. The ominous feeling in the air. The thick feeling of dread. The smell of the dirty rain. The pavement darkening with the droplets it absorbs. Fear strikes with every crash of the pins, the thunder. As a children we're made to believe that the loud thuds are people bowling in the clouds. Each rolling thump makes me wonder if I'll survive the next one. I shake, quake and shudder in absolute terror. Tears fall with the louder beats. The fear and crying ware me out. No storm lasts forever. In hindsight, I know that. In the moment, however, it feels like it'll last a lifetime. The loud thunks of thunder shake me up. I turn the music louder to drown out the sound. I hide beneath the blankets for safety. As if a piece of cloth can ward off demons. I tremble in terror. Each "strike" starts it all over. When I see the sky flash a sudden white, I know what's next. I know it's followed by that loud noise. The sound messes with my head. I feel alone in my fear of an disembodied noise from the sky. No one seems to share in my terror. They make fun of it. Tell me to "grow up" and "get over it". How would you suggest I do that? My lip quivers in sheer peril. I know that the thunder can't hurt be. But fears are irrational. I can't explain what it is that scares me about the raucous noise. The cacophonous sound that shakes me to my bones. I shiver with each crack of thunder. The rain pelts the windows and roof. It streaks the glass with tears. The sounds pick up with the wind. The clouds block off the sun, making everything dark. When it storms, the world appears to be crying. When it all ends I can breathe easy. There's no more fear or anxiety. The sun resurfaces and life goes on. Some storms create disasters. Disasters like tornadoes. I'm horrible in disasters. In life or death situations. I've no experience with the dangerous cyclones. There were only two moments in my life that there was potential for one. Both times ended without one. Were one to really occur, I'd be too scared to worry about safety. There would be so much fear in me. Shaking my bones. Chilling my veins. Tensing my muscles. Pricking at my nerves. Turning my stomach. Speeding up the beats of my heart. Racing the stressed thoughts through my ice dripping brain. My frozen mind. Wide, unblinking eyes stare blindly at my certain death. Whether it be from the heart complications due to the pounding of the thunder. Or from the twisting cyclone of dirt and wind. Or the dangerous bolts of lightning, that have the power to strike down trees & houses and the power to start fires on impact. I shake in fear under the covers, as the danger draws nearer and nearer. The pen in my hand shakes as I drag it across the pages of a tattered notebook. I tell my loved ones this is the end, in hopes that they'll find it. So they know what took me away. The wind may destroy it before they see it. The seconds tick nearer. The storm draws closer. It's almost here now. It's down the road. Now it's across the street. It's at my front door. This is goodbye. I've come to terms with it. I brace myself for the end.......... And suddenly, the unpredictable beast jumps over my house. It's destroyed everything but my home. The notebook was unnecessary I survived. As suddenly as it all started, it's over. And I've lived again. But everyone else's homes are decimated. How was I so lucky? Or was I cursed? Is it good? Or was it bad? Who even knows? I guess there's always next time. Maybe it'll all end the next time... 

A/N: So that was this one. It's based/inspired by something that actually happened. There was a possible tornado in my area the night I started it. There wasn't one, thankfully but this is what goes through my mind when I hear those sirens, when I hear the words "tornado warning". Okay, bye!

~Samm =^~^=