B

Little did Harry and Ron know that you distracted the Whomping Willow, allowing them to land safely.

****

You look around the common room, making sure that Oliver has gone to bed for the evening. Even at night, you're afraid that Oliver Wood is going to rouse the team up for practice on the field for Quidditch. Ever since the Slytherin team got those fancy new broomsticks from Draco's father, Oliver has been pulling the team together any chance he could for practice. You've been so tired lately, that you've barely been able to keep up in the classes. 

Luckily, Professor Lockhart's Dark Arts class is more about him talking about himself than learning, so you've been able to sit in the back quietly and close your eyes for a bit. 

You've taken quite a liking to Quidditch and you've improved your flying skills immensely, mostly because if you didn't improve fast enough, you'd be sure to be kicked off the team. There would've been nothing else to do but study, or go hunting. You only study as much as you need to, and hunting is certainly out of the question in the woods around Hogwarts. 

You enter the common room, and not surprisingly, the place is bustling with activity. Percy's ranting to Fred and George again about something an exploding salamander. And Harry, Ron, and Hermione are sitting on the sofa in front of the fireplace. It's your favorite spot as well, so you decide to join them. 

"So, what's going on?" you ask them. 

They start talking about a Deathday party for Nearly Headless Nick, and all of a sudden, Hermione asks if you want to join them. You were actually looking forward to the Halloween feast, but of course, any event with the word �feast' in it always draws your attention. However, you've grown into liking this trio and wouldn't mind spending more time with them, so you agree to go, hoping that Nearly Headless Nick doesn't mind another guest. 

The Deathday party is not as deadly or scary as you thought it would be. Actually, you kind of like its gloominess. However, being in a room with ghosts does have its downfalls. The music is ear-splitting. You think that maybe even Haymitch in his worst drunk state could play better than this group. Plus, it's cold in the room. Even with your robe, you're freezing. For some reason, you almost wish you could get a bowl of Greasy Sae's beef stew right now. That stuff would definitely heat you up in a minute. 

You're greeted by Nearly Headless Nick and as you go about the place behind your friends, you see her before they do. Moaning Myrtle is here. You remember your first experience with her in the girls' bathroom. She started wailing about something that you couldn't really understand, her voice so high-pitched and whiny it kind of reminded you of Effie. You tried to make some excuse to get out. 

"What's the matter, Katniss? Do I have to throw some burned bread your way to get your attention?!" she yelled in a weird gravelly voice. She wailed even louder, and then the flooding happened, and you got out just in time. 

You turn around to avoid Moaning Myrtle. And when you do, you see a mysterious small figure of a ghost floating by and disappearing behind a group of other ghosts near another part of the room. You couldn't make out the face and you're curious to see who it is, but since you don't know anyone else but the three people you came with you're not sure if you should scamper off on your own. 

Should you: 

A.) Continue to follow Ron, Harry, & Hermione to the dinner table? 

B.) Follow the mysterious ghost in the opposite direction?