The Hat

You've seen a lot of strange things since you left Panem, but nothing -- not even the time Peeta Mellark tossed you a loaf of burnt bread when you were starving -- prepared you for a talking hat. 

But that's exactly what you see, breaking into a poetic song with more articulation than a jabberjay. In your world, people are sorted into Districts, but not here. At Hogwarts, it's all about these four houses, and you can't decide which one you want to be in. 

The hat tells you: 

You might belong in Gryffindor, Where dwell the brave at heart, Their daring, nerve and chivalry, Set Gryffindors apart;

You know you've got plenty of courage, daring, and nerve, but do you have chivalry? Men have never adored you -- not that you'd notice if they did. Still, this Gryffindor House sounds pretty cool. 

You might belong in Hufflepuff Where they are just and loyal, Those patient Hufflepuffs are true, And unafraid of toil;

Hmmm. You'd do just about anything for Prim, and you wish you could live in a world where justice and fairness prevailed. You're also not afraid of toil, as long as it involves hunting. And -- and this you're afraid to admit to yourself -- that guy they're calling Cedric Diggory who's sitting at the Hufflepuff table looks kind of cute. He seems to light up, like that glittery sparkly stuff those people in the Capitol wear. 

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, If you've a ready mind, Where those of wit and learning, Will always find their kind;

You like to think you're smart and witty. Somehow, you feel like you could be in any of the three Houses mentioned so far, but you also feel like you might be too scared, too selfish, too uneducated for all of them. Really, you just hope any of these Houses will accept you. 

Or perhaps in Slytherin, Where you'll meet your real friends, Those cunning folk use any means, To achieve their ends.

This Slytherin sounds an awful lot like the Capitol. Then again... maybe these are the people you need to get in with if you want to save District 12. You'd just love to wipe the sneer off the face of that white-haired boy who keeps eyeing you like a hot piece of almond-roasted squirrel. 

So put me on! Don't be afraid! And don't get in a flap! You're in safe hands (though I have none) For a Thinking Cap.

First they call up a meek-looking girl named Hannah Abbott (you doubt she could do anything if SHE were put in a Hunger Games), and then suddenly it's your turn. The hat seems to speak to you. It asks what houseyou think you should be in. 

"You have many talents, Miss Everdeen," it says. "You are one of the few students who get to choose their own destiny. All you need do is declare, and I shall shout to put you there." 

Make your choice! 

Gryffindor

Ravenclaw

Hufflepuff

Slytherin