B

You'll never forget what happened that night, when you followed the mysterious ghost that slipped through the shadows. She came to you from somewhere else, all delicate and kind, and she told you your purpose. 

"You don't know me, Katniss Everdeen," she said, her voice sweet and musical, "but will you sing me a lullaby? My life was ended before it should have been, and my spirit has come to this faraway place." 

"Where are you from?" you asked. In her apparition eyes, all you could see was a girl who reminded you of Prim. 

"I come from your world. From Panem. I toiled in the fields of District 11 until my name was called. For -- she got choked up (apparently even ghosts can show emotion when they're overflowing with it) -- the Hunger Games. Katniss... it was so awful. You must stop it." 

"And I will!" you shouted defiantly. "This is why I'm here. To learn magic so I can put an end to all that." 

"And I know you will," she said, smiling sweetly. "But to accomplish that, there's something you must do, Katniss." 

"What?" you asked, pleading. Every moment you saw this girl looking sad, you felt your body going all soapy. 

"In your fifth year, there will be a prophecy meant for you. You must find it in the Ministry of Magic, in London. Department of Mysteries. Remember that, okay? Remember this day when a girl named Rue told you that." 

And then she vanished, like so many of your beloved citizens of Panem. The world is a cruel place.