Let's Get Through This

A lot of people ask me how to get through the pre-everything phase. I'm still not passed that phase, but I do have some tricks for dealing with it, so I'd like to share those with you.

All of these tips are really subjective and depend on personal preference and comfort. Don't take my word as fact. This is just my personal experience. Try things and see what works best for you.

Trans-Guys:
• Don't shave your legs or pits. Men tend to have hairier legs and armpits, so not only does it help with passing when you wear shorts of tank tops, but it can sometimes make you feel a bit more masculine.
• Do shave your face. I know there probably isn't really anything there, but I've found it helps to pretend. Even just shaving the small amount of peach fuzz that is there is kind of gratifying to me.
• Do get a nice haircut. Sometimes getting a new haircut to better frame your face in a masculine way is really nice.

Trans-Girls:
• Do shave your legs and pits. Most women shave, and you can too if it makes you feel better. Shaving your legs and pits can also help to give you a more feminine appearance.
• Don't shave your face. Wax it, if at all possible. It hurts a hell of a lot more, but it stays longer and provides a smoother finish. Waxing your eyebrows in a feminine shape can also help.
• Do grow your hair out. As long as you can get it, if you want. Or, simply get a more-feminine short haircut.
• Do wear makeup, even if it's subtle. Just knowing you have some on can sometimes boost your confidence.
• Maybe get a bra? It can help with passing in public, but it could also be a bit of a confidence boost.

Both:
• Don't focus on the time left before you get hormones. Just remember that it'll happen.
• Do focus on other things. Hang out with friends, keep your grades up, work hard; it all helps. Being trans isn't necessarily your defining personality trait. If you don't focus on it and worry over it, it doesn't seem as stressful.

Most of all, remember that it does get better. You will get hormones and you will get surgery(if you even want it). It may take a while, and it may seem like it's just too far away to handle, but it will get here. Your time will come, and trust me. You will shine like the brightest shining star once it does.