Who's Worse Off?

Trans people are really bad about invalidating their experiences due to the hardships of others. I just want to let you know that you are valid, and so are your experiences and feelings.

You are NOT less trans because you don't experience as intense dysphoria as your trans friend, or other trans people.

A lot of trans people undermine their own feelings and thoughts because they think others have it worse. This. Is. Not. Okay.

Sure, some other trans person could be in a worse situation than you are, but that doesn't mean you're in a good situation. I live a good life, relatively. I have a large house and more than enough space. I don't really have to worry about food or finances, and my parents remain happily married. So yeah, I have it better than a lot of people, and I recognize that. However, I still feel bad about my life sometimes. My dysphoria hits me hard every day, and I've got a lot of shit going on outside of trans stuff that I can't really talk about here. My life is not perfect, and I'm allowed to wallow in that and hate that.

The feelings are valid, even if someone else has it worse or whatever. Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise, even yourself.

We're all in different situations, okay? Your experiences shape how badly you view those situations. Your perspective is valid.

I just thought I should put that out there.