Trans Military Ban

So, you know that great act Obama put in for us trans people that allows us to be openly trans in the military? Yeah, that no longer exists. Thanks, Trump.

The military will no longer be accepting trans soldiers, and those who are already in the military face possible discharge.

Trump claims this is because of the cost trans people would put on the military, since we have some special health regulatory things and such.

My dad was in the navy. I know all about what military health care covers. It covers every single necessity as deemed by the defense department. It covers a lot. It would probably cover hormones, yes, but hormones are so insanely cheap when compared to some other things military health insurance covers.

Military health insurance will not cover sex reassignment surgeries, either. So really, the only extra health thing it would pay for would be hormones. There are very few trans people in the military, in the grand scheme of things. The cost for all of their hormones would be minuscule compared to everything else the military covers.

Trump's reason is bullshit.

This is a call to action. Please, spread awareness of how wrong this is. We must stand by our friends and family who are trans and in the military. We must stand strong for our trans soldiers.

They serve us just as well as cis soldiers, and surely they deserve credit for that!

I have a friend in ROTC at school who had just been accepted into boot camp, and now his acceptance has been rescinded because of this treachery.

Trump continues to stomp on our community, and we are regressing so fast. If we don't stand strong and tall, and rise up against his bigotry, then we will only continue to be oppressed by him.

This is another hindrance to our progress. We have lost this battle, but we will not lose this war.

We will continue to fight, just like our trans soldiers, for our freedom. We owe that to them.