Natural Transition

(I wrote this in terms of trans guys, so if you're a trans girl, simply switch testosterone for estrogen and vice versa.)

A lot of people don't know what natural transition is.

Natural transition is the idea that you can start to transition without artificial hormones. Instead, you take testosterone supplements and eat foods that either boost testosterone or lower estrogen. This, in turn, supposedly has some of the effects of HRT.

Natural transition is not safe, or healthy. Supplements aren't monitored. You never know for sure what you're getting, and too many people fail to do the proper research.

Not to mention, it doesn't work. Your body cannot process testosterone like it can estrogen. The foods that supposedly boost testosterone are not real. That is a myth. They have testosterones in them, yes, but the type of testosterone will not work with humans. Your body can't process it at all, so it floods through your system just like ordinary food.

Supplements flood your system with testosterone, and they may make your facial hair get a bit darker or whatever, but they won't have the same effects as HRT, and they frankly aren't worth it.

Most supplements are taken in pill form. That means they're processed through the liver. In order to gain any results from supplements, you would have to take them at least three times daily. By the end of a year, maybe only six months, your liver would be destroyed.

You aren't meant to process that. Even with HRT, there are risks and complications. It isn't a perfected science, but at least it's monitored by doctors and research has been done on it.

Please, don't try natural transition, and if you have a friend who's considering it, please talk them out of it. Show them this or something. Just don't let them go through with it.