What About Health?

Health is so important, to any person. Not just trans people, but it becomes a bit more important for us. Most trans people are constantly plagued with self-hatred and dysphoria. Many struggle with anxiety and/or depression. These conditions and outlooks can actually lower our immune system's capability to heal us.

It becomes easy to catch a cold, or just get sick in general. That's why we need to watch ourselves. It's important to take care of your body.

Here are some various ways to take care of your body.

• Make sure someone's been tested before you do anything sexual with them. Like, ANYTHING.
• Make sure needles and supplies are sterilized before you get any piercings, tattoos, or shots.
• Keep your hands and body clean. Personal hygiene is important, guys.
• Always talk to your doctor about problems. They are there to help, and they will if you let them know something is wrong.
• Keep your house or apartment clean. Bacteria and germs build up on unclean surfaces, and it isn't hard to keep a place clean as long as you stay on top of things.

Mainly, just talk to your doctor. They'll know how to help you. Even if nothing is wrong currently, your doctor can help you prevent problems from happening.

Now, let's talk about another type of health. Mental health.

I cannot stress how important mental health is. In fact, I highly recommend you see a psychologist. Even if you aren't in desperate need of it. It helps to talk to someone, and it can help keep you sane. You can go like, once every other month or something. It doesn't really matter, as long as you see one.

It's even more important to see one when you are depressed or do have anxiety. Mental health is just as important as physical health. In many ways, I'd say it's even more important. There aren't any surefire ways to care for mental health. I really wish there were, but there aren't. Just try and monitor it, and talk to people when you feel yourself slipping.

I wish there were more that I could say, but I'm not a professional. Just keep an eye on your health. Trans people tend to have the habit of not caring so much about health, but it remains important. Trust me, I know.