Bathroom Safety

Today's topic: bathrooms. A most stressful topic, full of anguish and confusion. Sit tight, smol chitlands; let Uncle Macks talk ya through this.

To any trans guys dealing with using the right bathroom, using the stall is okay. I know plenty of cis guys who use the stalls. Using the stall isn't going to automatically give you away. Walk in confidently, try not to talk to anyone, and finish quickly if you're nervous. Most of the time, other guys will pay you no mind anyway. Just walk into the bathroom as if it's the most ordinary thing in the world and no one will take any notice of you. If you don't feel safe, though, then find a family or gender-neutral bathroom. Never compromise your own safety. No one knows your situation better than you, so you know when you're safe or not.

To any trans gals dealing with using the right bathroom, again try not to stand out. I will admit that it is sometimes harder for a trans girl to pass than a trans guy, so pretty follow all the above tips, plus some more. Act confident, but not over-the-top, and maybe find an excuse to keep your head angled down (such as checking your nails or your phone) so that any noticeable masculinities are hidden (such as an adam's apple). Of course, always be yourself. Trying to be something you're not will only make you look more nervous.

Honestly, using the bathroom is just using the bathroom. Most people won't say anything, even if they do notice something strange. You may get some dirty looks from time to time, but for the most part, people are in the bathroom to do their business and they don't want to interact with people any more than you do.

As for nonbinary or genderqueer people, simply try to find a family bathroom or use whichever bathroom is more comfortable for you. All the aforementioned tips still reign.

Good luck, guys. If you want, leave any experiences you've had with bathrooms in the comments!