Chapter 86. [Alyssae]

Alyssae rattled ceaselessly on the bars, but the dwarf and Philae had disappeared. Tears burned in her eyes. Once again she was locked up in a dungeon. One built by dwarfs this time - that one she hadn't seen before. A sigh left her lips while she tried to blink away her tears. Niamh was not here. Philae had betrayed her. But why had he done so? He had traveled to Mirkwood for her! Had he made a deal with Thranduil there? Would he come to torture her, as he had done with Thorin before?

Fiercely she tugged at the iron fending, but it didn't help. Here she was drained in ignorance. She had no idea how it was going with her friends, who were fighting for their lives. Maybe Thorin panicked when he didn't saw her. Was that the idea behind all this? That he lost his mind and would make mistakes? 
Hundred similar questions kept raising. They drove her to madness, but she didn't know how to stop them. In the end she fell behind in the dust. She bend her knees and wrapped her arms around them. It was cold. Would anyone bring her clothes soon, or would she freeze to dead? Her body wasn't used to the cold of the mountain and the man who had captured her knew that very well. 

The cold did not only stun the sense in her hands and feet, it also brought rest in her head. Slowly her panic drifted away as the air she breathed out in visible clouds. She searched her body for injuries, but she hadn't been long enough in battle. Then she stood up to inspect the cell. 
She gasped for breath when her eye caught a body, that was laying in the corner. With a few steps she stood before it. The man had bend his head forward and the fear that he wasn't alive anymore crept into her. 
There was no use in talking to him, for if he had still been able to say something he would have done so when she had entered the cell. She stretched her hands to lift his head. Maybe his cheeks were still warm...
As soon as she had lifted the head, she screamed. Her eyes met those of Balin, but he didn't seem to see her. 
"Oh no..." she whispered. "What have they done to you?"
Her lower lip started to tremble and a tear ran down her cheek. Had Thorin left him here? She fondled his cheek with her fingers, but it felt like she touched a stone wall. There was no life in him. It was only the cold that made him look so alive. Crying she took the dwarf in her arms. It was heart rending he had found his end here. Locked up by the one he had trusted unconditionally. 
"I hope you look down on us," she whispered. "And that you know he regrets what he has done to you." She studied his petrified face, against her better judgement hoping he would show a reaction. 
"I already thought you needed some company."
At a stretch she turned around. The dwarf was back, and this time he held a sword in his hand. 

"Have you done this?" Her emotions changed her voice into a despair sobbing. "If Thorin hears..."
"Thorin will never hear about this." He opened the door of the cell. "Nothing that will happen her, will ever reach him." His eyes wandered hungry over her body.
Alyssae became aware of her nakedness again. She searched for something she could hold before her, but except the body of Balin there was nothing.  "Why are you doing this?" She knew starting a conservation was only a stay of execution, but she welcomed every form of delay with open arms.
"I have taken care of my people while my king ran away," he answered. "I think I deserve a reward." He showed his teeth in a terrifying grin. "You don't want to know how long I have waited for this. Four long years I had to listen to your name, but I have to admit..." His staring eyes made her blood boil. "You are indeed exceptionally beautiful."
Alyssae didn't know what to say. She despised this man. This had to be him. Vaughn. The man who had shred her letters. The man who had forced his sister to seduce Thorin. 
"I suggest we will do as follows. You will obey and I let you live. Isn't that a joyful game?"
He stepped toward her and Alyssae shrunk back. Could she slip along him? Her eyes were drawn to the blade that was aimed at her. She couldn't go anywhere. 
"Good girl."
Alyssae felt the wall in her back. Vaughn's sword pushed against her waist. With his other hand he reached her the key. 
"Tie yourself up."
She was frozen by fear. If she did so, he could do whatever he wanted. Although she knew deep inside she had already came to that point. The steel of the blade felt cold against her skin and with shaking fingers she took the key and chained her foot. Maybe she could strangle him... If he only lost his alertness...
"Actually you surprise me. I had expected something else from you," Vaughn noticed while he took away the key . "The stories I've heard about you must be exaggerated."
"You'll find out soon enough," she grumbled. 
A grin appeared on his face and he stretched out his hand and touched her cheek. Moody Alyssae turned away her face, but that damned wall was in her way. 
"Oh, I'll find out much more," he whispered. "I want to know exactly how Oakenshield made you crazy. Tell me... how did he start? Did he suck your tit? Put his fingers right in you? Or did he just bang you, like he did with my sister?" His hand glided down and stroke her belly. "You're nervous, hmm? Were you nervous the first time? Did Oakenshield have to chain you to get into you?"
Alyssae spit in his face. "You're disgusting."
"Yeah, yeah, curse as much as you want." With both hands he grabbed her breasts. "I"ll find out anyway."
She didn't blink an eye and stared coldly in his eyes. "It will be your last fun."
Grinning he stepped back. "You are warming up. I'll give you some time to get used to the chains, so that you can serve better later."
Hissing of anger Alyssae pressed her breath between her teeth while Vaughn left the cell.  

"See you tonight, honey."