Chapter 98. [Thranduil]

Thranduil kept looking in her eyes. She reacted exactly as he had expected, staring bewildered at him. She didn't whine, nor did she fly at his throat. She just sat there, completely straight. 
"Why?"
Thranduil leaned back. He wasn't sure if it was it was wise to be honest, but he didn't think the truth would be in his way. After all, he had everything he needed, except for the child, but he could get that with violence if he had to.
Before he could formulate an answer, the frown on her forehead increased. 
"Is my womb still cursed? You want me to give birth to something like that again?"
Thranduil had heard the stories about her daughter, but unfortunately he never had the chance to see her. The child was gone before his men could chain her and he supposed she was gone with the wind. "That could be, but I hope not."
Although it could offer him possibilities, his eyes were looking to the past. So that he could create their future. It never had been his intention to create a monster inside her, but it was clear her perverse love for the dwarf had given his curse a sick twist. He didn't care. He never wanted to destroy her life, he just needed the gems. Just like he needed her now to bear him a child. 
"So she's not here?"
"No."
Defeated she leaned with her head on her hand, but he couldn't care less. Her grief would soon be over, just like his.  "Do you remember the scepter of your father?"
She squeezed her eyes. "You killed him, didn't you?" She stood up and stared furiously at him. 
"Yes. You didn't came when I asked you to."
She clenched her fists, helplessly, and Thranduil watched her for a while. "Sit down, Alyssae."
He didn't intend to make his words sound like a treat, but she did as he said, although her eyes were burning like charcoal.  She had not forgotten about the dwarfs in the dungeons. 
"Fine," she grumbled. "Are you going to tell me why you are doing all this?"
"I already started," he answered calmly, "but you're the one who doesn't answer my questions."
Thranduil smiled amused, the fire in her eyes didn't doze for a moment. He admired her fieriness, she satisfied him. He could have used her sister, but this was much more fun. 
"You mean you have stolen the scepter," she grumbled. 
"Raphael did so, indeed. The scepter originates from ancient times and has a great power. It belonged to the first elves, of which you are a descendant."
Despite her anger, he noticed he had roused her interest. 
"You are able to change the past with it, when using it in the proper way." A longing glance filled his eyes. "The gems of pure starlight provide the magic to turn back time, the heart of a newborn makes sure it will be permanent."
Alyssae looked at him. "You want to sacrifice the child."
He nodded, glad she didn't start to scream hysterically. "I can only handle the staff when the heart of my descendant and your descendant become one with the scepter."
She shook her head. "My first child disappears, my second will be murdered. Why?"
"I want to prevent my wife from dying." He heard a slight quiver in his voice. "And my son."
She aimed her purple eyes at his face. "Let's do it.
Thranduil was blown away by her words.
Alyssae noticed and strange enough she gave him a watery smile. "I assume you won't be as embittered as you are now, not having any reason to demand the Arkenstone from me." The color of her irises became a little lighter. "Than Thranduin, Fíli, my father and many others will live, and Erebor will be spared from tons of misery."