Chapter 109 [Thorin]

Thorin felt so much hate for this man, who had tortured him, had taken his wife away from him and who had even sacrificed his own son on the battlefield, that he didn't let any room for fear. He looked up to the tall man, who got rid of his dismay very fast. 
"Well well. It turns out there is at least someone who wants to see how our dear Alyssae will take a pledge to me."
"I want you to let us go." Alyssae's voice trembled by nervousness. 
Thranduil's lips bent in a sinister smile. "In the end you will indeed leave this place."
His eyes were shining with pleasure and despite the plan Thorin still stuck to, he felt his hands became sweaty.
"You want us both to die here?" Alyssae hissed.
The serene smile on his face was abhorrent. 
 "Oakenshield will indeed wither in my dungeons." He looked at Alyssae. "He will follow his ancestors, as will every mortal. But you, my dear Alyssae... will never exist." He laughed. "Nobody will remember you."
He gestured his guards, who grabbed Thorin's upper arms. 
"Enjoy your memories now you still can, Thorin Oakenshield. Soon they will be gone."
"It will be alright, Alys!" Thorin yelled when the guards pulled him out of the room. "Trust me!"
The only answer he got, was the scornful grinning of the elf king. 

The door of the dungeon slammed shut. He came upright and cursed the elves, until someone laid a hand on his shoulder. He shrunk back. 
"Thorin? What are you doing here?"
Fully bewildered he looked into the face of his friend, Bofur. He hadn't seen the man in years and he was hardly recognizable. He was gaunt, his cheekbones bulged out and the light in his eyes was extinguished.  He looked along his friend when he noticed another movement. It was Bombur, and a moment later he recognized Aymara. 
"I wanted to see Alyssae. She will be marrying him tonight."
"I am truly sorry," Bofur sighed. "Aymara tried to warn her, but she didn't listen."
He wasn't surprised. Aymara was not a very convincing person. 

He was worried about Thranduil's last words. Why would Alyssae not exist anymore? He suppressed the urge to scream Niamh's name. No matter how badly he wanted to be freed from this dungeon, he couldn't draw attention to their forgotten daughter. It was the only card he had still in his hands and now he stared in the darkness before him,  wondering if he hadn't make a terrible mistake. He had put all his faith in his daughter, who did not know him. Maybe Thranduil's curse surpassed her unusual appearance. Maybe he had the child in his power, making her act as he wanted her to. Perhaps he had walked into a trap, with eyes wide open, and there was no one who would save him. 
"What did you try to tell her?" He moved his penetrating look to Aymara, who stared at her feet. 
"That she shouldn't try bring Thranduil's wife back from the dead by turning back time, because she died to protect her brother - Alyssae's father. Melline believes Thranduil will make sure that his wife does not save her brother, so that Alyssae's father will die - and she will never be born."
Thorin leaned defeated with his back against the wall. He couldn't imagine a life without Alyssae. He had no idea how their journey would have ended without her. Perhaps they couldn't even defeat the dragon without her help. There was no way to predict what would happen. 
"Maybe she finds a way to escape," Bombur suggested. 
Thorin knew she wouldn't. She wouldn't leave. Not without them.
She was delivered to Thranduil's mercy and the only thing he could hope for, was that Niamh had told him the truth and that she really wanted to kill Thranduil - and that she had not joined forces with the elf king. 
Thorin looked up when he heard footsteps. For a moment a small flame of hope flickered in his chest, until he saw the elf king. He had a long, shining sword in his hands and his eyes glimmered maliciously. 
"I still need a gift for my wife-to-be." He watched the blade with a special interest. "And I know that she wants the presence of her friends - or her lover - on her wedding day." Thranduil turned his head a little. "So I'll give her one of you. With his head on a plate."

'