Chapter 102. [Aymara]

I'm sorry it took so long! D:

======================================================================

The dismal threat that came from Mirkwood made Aymara's decision stagger. The trees towered above her, black as night. The magic that guarded the woods was touchable, despite the protective spells the elves had laid upon her. 
She was afraid. She hadn't traveled on her own often, but she had came to a point in her life that she went through countless changes. She had lived in an elf community for weeks, and it hadn't felt like a home at all.  Since Alyssae had left, she had wondered what she could do to help the woman, for she had promised to serve her. 
Last days had went by in a rush. Raphael had returned to Chyndall and he had brought the terrible news that Alyssae had disappeared. Not long after his return his brother had anchored near the elf city, repeating Alyssae's words: that she stayed with Thranduil and that they had found a way to turn back time, to bring people back from the dead. 
Melline had been shocked when she heard of it, revealing a terrifying secret. When the dead of Thranduil's wife, Ghislena, was prevented, it would lead to the early passing away of her own brother - Alyssae's father. 
That was the message she had to bring to Alyssae, even though there had been nobody who had forced her to travel to Mirkwood. She had offered to do so, since Raphael and Eldinòr were familiar faces and she just wanted to do something. 
Now that she entered the shadows of the wood, her fear however increased. Nightmares that were sweeping her since she was a little girl, seemed to hide behind every tree. Constantly she thought to hear footsteps, making her look over her shoulder nervously, but she was all alone. 
Aymara's greatest fear was Vaughn stepping out of the shadows. She had heard he was gone too. Probably dead, but nobody was able to confirm that, since his body had disappeared. 
With a bag over her shoulder, full of supplies and a drawn map, she stepped along withered brush wood. The darkness around her was demotivating, but she walked on determined. Sooner or later an elf would find her, taking her to Alyssae. She knew a lot of patrols were set out those days and she was sure they wouldn't overlook her. 

Aymara did not know how many time had passed when four elves stopped her. She jolted by their sudden appearance, even panicked a little, for she was on her own for a very long time. 
"What is your business here, dwarf woman?" one of them spoke. 
"I have heard my mistress is here, Alyssae Haelynde, heir to the throne of Chyndall. I would like to serve her here."
They spoke to each other in their own tongue, where after someone lifted her on a horse. Nervously she squeezed the fur of the animal, hoping Alyssae would react positively on her arrival. 

Many hours later they arrived in the elf city. Aymara couldn't say it was a beautiful place, it was dark and dreary and she got the feeling to be imprisoned. 
"Aymara!" a surprised voice sounded when she was lifted from the horse. 
She just felt the ground beneath her feet when one of the elves grabbed her upper arm. In need of help she looked aside, until she saw Alyssae, flanked by a man with pallid hair and a crown on his head. He must be the elf king Thranduil. 
"What are you doing here?"
"I was looking for you," she said. Her eyes flashed nervously to Thranduil. "I owe you my services."
"Alyssae no longer wishes to make use of your services," the king spoke before Alyssae could even say a word. "I don't want an unchained dwarf in my kingdom. Throw her in the dungeons."

Aymara's eyes grew with fear, but they pulled her along violently, down a long stairs. A bolt shove away and she fell on her knees on the ground. In despair she turned around and clattered the bars, but they didn't move an inch. 
"Alyssae!' she screamed, hopeless. 
Behind her she heard a weak but surprised voice. "Aymara?"
She turned around and her eyes met that of  Bofur, the man who had joined Thorin with his adventure to retake Erebor.
"How did you end up here?"
Aymara looked the other way, regretfully. "Alyssae is about the make a horrible mistake and there is nobody who will stop her."