☆hate and crossed hearts☆

I lied about this being the last chapter before the epilogue, there'll be one more chapter after this then the epi because I love this book sm :')

-
Zayn walks around his boyfriend's comic store, humming a little as he counts the multiple books on each shelf he pasts.

The store was empty and Liam was somewhere in the storage room looking for some old books in boxes back there, Zayn wasn't sure.

He doesn't pay attention to a lot of big words Liam uses, but he sure does know what 'Take over the store for me' means.

Suddenly a bell rings, causing Zayn to gasp tip toeing up the aisle to peek and see if they had a customer.

As soon as he peeks his whole head, his eyes widen meeting a pair of big blue familiar ones from long ago. "Alec?"

"Zayn, hey" The tall bulky man with the crooked smile says as he walks over to the younger one, Zayn not sure if he should be happy or upset to see his ex here.

He was the first guy Zayn had really really liked when he was younger, they had been dating for a while around the age of seventeen and eighteen but Alec had broken his heart.

He practically dumped Zayn for someone older and better than him, that's the day the young man had ever felt depressed.

That's what makes him insecure, never being enough for someone hurts. It was like he was some random toy that you could play with anytime you want and throw away get a new one

Zayn knows he's enough for Liam, Liam was just enough for him and that's all that matters.

"How are you? I saw you walking around the store a bit and I was contemplating on saying hello" "Well you're here, I'm fine thanks" the darker man says with a slight wave.

Alec nods a little, and wanting to say a lot more. "You look good" "Thank you, you too. Your hair is black now" "Yeah, I dyed it. Thought it would make me look cool but no one could rock dark hair but you though"

Zayn's cheeks turn red, giggling a little as he waves him off. "That's true" he says with a slight shrug, feeling light hearted.

It wasn't wrong to take a compliment, Zayn loves when people gives him compliments. It makes him feel like he's the most beautiful person in the world, but then he has a man in his life that makes him feel that way already.

"So I just wanted apologize for hurting you when we were younger, you didn't deserve that at all. Honestly the older guy was too mature for me, I regretted every moment" "It's okay, it was six years ago" Zayn says with a carelessly shrug.

"That doesn't matter, I know I still hurt you. And your uncles almost broke my neck, remember?" "Well you did deserve it" "I know" The blue eyed man says with a shrug and a shy smile.

"Well I forgive you, thanks for apologizing. I'm okay Alec, really" "Thanks for forgiving me, I see you work here?" "My boyfriend is the owner, I'd introduce you but he's in the storage looking for something"

"You've got a boyfriend?" "Yup, I love him a lot. He loves me too" Zayn says with a genuine smile, swaying slightly. "I'm glad you've found someone who can treat you better than I did, I actually got engaged last month"