Chapter 2: Love is in the air but so is anger

Mason's POV

“Uh… Master Luffy… This is Honoka, she's a woman from the future who has come to help us in our upcoming war next week.”

“From the future really?! Cool!” Luffy jumps up and down.

“It would appear that you're going to die in the future, but now that she's warned us, you'll be saved master isn't that great!”

“WHAT? I die!? Wow, uh Honoka you okay?” Luffy looks at Honoka who is crying.

She just hugs him! “Uh,” Luffy looks over at me.

“Hug her back. She’s been through a lot with you. It would seem you're her lover in the future, master,” I say.

Luffy puts his arms around her and rubs her back as she cries. “I'm her lover? What? How and why?” He looks confused.

“It was confusing to me too but that's what she said. Seems like you've turned a new leaf master, it's about time you realized you've got a girl. You've got a lot of girls but you settled with Miss Honoka. Isn't that great master? I bet she brought you lots of meat!!”

“M-m-meat, whoa then she's perfect! So, what do you do when you have a lover?” Luffy blinked at me.

“Well, you be sensitive to them. Most of the girls I've known always liked that. And you have to make sure you listen to them, they always suspect that we're not. We're just better at multitasking. Anyway, uh you also go on dates and then when the date is over you're supposed to kiss each other… it's a complicated process but if you really like each other it's easy,” I explain.

“Sounds like so much work, eh...Honoka you asleep?” She didn't move. “Guess she's asleep.” Luffy picked her up and put her on his bed, then sat beside her. “Okay Mason now what?”

“You just wait for her to wake up or you can snuggle up next to her but you're kind of… weird… so it really depends on the person.”

“Snuggle, huh.” Luffy nods. He lays down next to her and with his rubber powers he wraps his arms around her 4 times like a snake. “Oh what's my sister doing?”

“She was releasing Trafalgar Law from the dungeon. I should go check on her but she specifically said she had to do this alone. Uh, master, you're going to crush her. Wrapping your arms around four times is a little extreme.”

“But she smells nice! Look she's still sleeping! I think she likes it. Hm, Tra-guy, you know I have a good feeling about him.” Luffy smiles optimistically.

“You do, do you? I have a good feeling about his partner. Speaking of, I don't feel her presence anywhere around here.” I close my eyes searching for her… I can't feel her anywhere. “Master I'm going to look for Law’s partner. Just…. Stay like that.”

I took off running. Last I remember Law’s partner was inside of the castle but I guess she left. Strange though, why would she leave? There's snow all over the ground. That could make it harder to find her. She could be buried under all of this snow.

I stop by a tree and look around. Something is up in the branches. I can see blood all over the snow beneath my feet. It smells like a demon. It has to be her.

“Come on out, I know you're hurt,” I say.

She drops down. Not even a landing, she literally dropped. That isn't good. She's holding onto her left side with her right arm. She looks like she just barely escaped hell. I kneel down to pick her up.

“Argh!!! Don't touch me you fool!!”

“But… you're hurt real bad. You can't even stand can you?”