Chapter 60: Didn't Mean It

Alternate Universe Law

I went downstairs to hangout with my kids before they left. As they ate they smiled at me. I gave in and gave them both a kiss on their cheek.

I missed my daughter. This was as close as I was going to get. “Where is Mia?” I ask them.

“Last we saw mommy she went up the stairs. Haven't seen her come back,” Low says with his mouthful.

I nodded. I get up and walked back to our room. Where did she go? “MIA? The kids are leaving soon!” I call.

I hear a door close and look around to see her. “Yeah… I'm gonna go downstairs then,” she said.

I stop her. “You want to take a break?” I ask her. She must have felt the tension.

“No,” she said with an angry face then she closed her eyes.

I let her arm go. “What do you want from me?”

She reopened her eyes. “I want you to come downstairs so we can spend time with everyone… or is that not what you're asking me?”

“Fine, I will spend time with them.” I pop my shoulders back and walk down the stairs.

I heard her following behind me. We got down the stairs and went to sit with everyone.

“Mom you're back. Dad was looking for you,” Low said.

“Yes.” She rubbed his head.

So-Ming got up and put her plate away. I sat next to Low. It was a good feeling knowing I had a son. He looked at lot like me. I rubbed his hair.

My heart swelled with an unexplainable feeling.

“I smell food,” Mason came in.

“Where's Valerie? Isn't she hungry,” Mia asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. “She's sleeping. Now that she's pregnant, she sleeps a lot.” He sat down at the table with everyone.

So-Ming came back in. She smiled and hugged Mason. “Hey! You look the same as the other Mason,” she sniffed him.

“Ew you smell like the bitch.” She frowns.

She keeps cursing. I get up and slap her head. My daughter never spoke like that to anyone! I won't let her do it either!

So-Ming looked up at me with a mad glint in her eye.

“That wasn't nice, Law,” Mia said.

“What are we like in your world anyway,” Mason asked.

So-Ming looked at Mason and gave him a fake smile. “Wonderful! You're the best! Your partner is horrible. I hate her.” She said almost too sweet.

She points to me. “Don't touch me! You're not even my real dad!”

“Momma’s not a crybaby and dad is way nicer… we haven't seen you two before,” Low says.

“It's good to know I'm strong somewhere,” Mia says, picking at her meal.

“Mistress you shouldn't play with your food.”

She stopped. “If that's how you feel then you can leave.” I tell So-Ming. No I don't mean it.

“Hahahaha! Low let's go! I can't stand him.” So-Ming walked around me and went to her brother.

I don't really mean it!

“Why leave so soon,” Mia asks getting up. “There's still a few more minutes.”

So-Ming hugs Mia. “I like you, but I don't like him or her.” She pointed at me then upstairs where we think Valerie is at.