Chapter 8: The true feelings of a demon

Mia's P.O.V

Law didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. Actually I feel like he made himself uncomfortable. Well… maybe not uncomfortable. More like upset. I don't believe one thing he says about being evil. I feel like that's just him using being a demon as an excuse.

I wonder what I can do to try to make him feel better, but I don't think that anything I will do can compare to his true feelings about the little girl. Oh Law… what could I possibly do to help?

I take a look around again. Weapons don't really interest me but the child's room does. Although… I'm a little afraid to touch anything in there. I don't want Law getting upset with me. Maybe I can just sit and look. My powers are acting weird at the moment, so I can't try to look back and see exactly what happened. It would be wrong for me to do that anyway.

Oohhh what am I supposed to do? Sitting here thinking about things won't do anything. I'm going into the little girls room. I'm just going to have to deal with Law when he wakes up.

I quietly head over there and look at how everything is made up. Her toys were on the floor, she had clothes in her laundry basket… they look like rather old popular clothes too.

I pick up one of the toys and sit on the bed and examine it. I wonder what kind of memories the child had… I wonder what kind of memories Law has of her. He must deeply miss her, otherwise, he wouldn't ask me for a baby. I think it's all coming a little together.

At first he was going to take our child and never come back, but then things changed. He must have wanted to recreate memories by erasing the old ones. I think that's a hard thing to do. He obviously has strong feelings for the little girl.

You know, this sort of makes me think of that one movie I always cried on. Monsters Inc. It's a guy, monster, who thinks that he's the most scariest monster ever and then he meets a child and becomes attached to her. In the end, the monster wasn't scary. Law isn't scary…

I see the drawing the girl made of her and Law. I walk over to it on the wall, still holding onto the toy in my hand. I gently rub my fingers against it then I slump down to the floor. Law must be hurting inside, that's the only reason why he would have such strong feelings. The only reason why he would repress his true feelings.

I hug the toy, imagining if it were the little girl. I feel sad inside. I lay down on the floor and go to sleep under the picture and still holding onto the toy.

~*2 hours pass*~

I couldn't really sleep. I am a vampire, I'm not supposed to sleep, but I keep my eyes closed anyway. I don't know why, I just feel like if I move, I'll lose all of the wonderful emotions that I could possibly be feeling in here. Law should be awake though… maybe I should leave the room. I don't want him to get upset.

I reluctantly get up and put the toy on the bed and leave the room closing the door behind me quietly so Law won't here. I turn around and there he is. He made me jump because I thought I was in trouble.

“L-Law… I was…”

“You moved her stuff! Why?!” He moved me out of the way and opened the door. “How could you do this… it doesn't even smell like her anymore… it smells like you!”

He dashed to the edge of the room and picked up a old shirt. “I heard that you could bring people back from the dead. Can you?”

“... Like I said before… I'm the Goddess, I can do anything…”

“THEN DO IT!” He roared. His back saw still to me and he was holding tightly to the shirt he got from the pile.

I don't want to stay in here with Law yelling at me like this. I'll bring it up to him again later when it's actually necessary… I turn around too, no longer looking at him. “Take me back to the castle and I will grant your wish.”