Chapter 49: No Regrets

Alternate universe Law

I was for some reason sleepy. I Laid down on the large couch. Why did I come back? Right, to see if I can get inside of Mia's pants.

Having a kid with her wouldn't be bad. At least with her I can leave.

“Um… hi L-Law,” I hear her say. “Would you mind if I sat here?”

I moved my feet so she could sit.

“Th-thanks.” She sat down.

“What? You don't seem like being around me so? Why are you near me?” I ask.

“Because I…. Want to be. I don't like seeing people sit alone…”

“I been a lone for 100 years, it doesn't matter.” I yawn. Why am I so tired?

“Do you need a blanket? It does get cold around here. I'll go get you one!”

“Yeah thanks,” I pull her to my chest. She can be my blanket.

“O-oh. Or we can snuggle too. Hahaha.”

I let her go. She's too innocent for me to corrupt. I should just find some random woman to get pregnant.

“What's wrong Law? You were actually really warm,” she says.

“Nothing,” I trace her jaw. She's cute. A flash of my ex wife cheating made me stop. I get up and pace the room.

“Wh-what’s the matter? You seem bothered by something…. Is it me? I can leave…”

“My wife...my cheating wife! I killed her why isn't she out of my head!” I held my forehead.

“Ma-Maybe it's because you…. Really loved her…. Even though she cheated… and it really hurt you…”

It was true. I loved her, she gave me a daughter. I at least know she was mine for a good 40 years...then she lost interest in me.

“Um…” She didn't know what else to say. She touched my back and rubbed it. “I'm sorry.”

“Don't be, my kid…” I stopped myself from saying more. No just leave. “I should go.” I say and look at her.

“But why would you leave? You can stay here,” she looked me in the eye.

“Sorry, you're cute and all but, criminals don't get second chances.” I tell her, another kid..no that won't make me happy either.

“Who told you that? Everyone gets second chances. If you really believe something like, I suppose no one has ever given you another chance. Being a criminal doesn't mean anything. Everyone deserves one.”

I had one my daughter. I patted Mia's head. I head towards the door again. If I die here I will see my daughter again. I didn't mind that. “I do have one option huh?”

“There's always more than one,” she said behind me. “Law…”

“Come on Mia, I just want to die.” I tell her and exit. Only I never thought how I would kill myself.

“Law! That isn't right! Don't do it to yourself… People here… care about you and love you and you're just gonna leave! Don't go…”

“2 weeks, I'll give you 14 days to change my mind. Give me a reason to live.” I tell her.

She put her head down and looked at me with all seriousness. “Life is too short for regrets, and my biggest regret would be that I couldn't save you.”