Chapter 3: Don't you know who she is?

Valerie's P.O.V

“What the hell is this! Why are all of these bandages on me and why am I in the vampire castle!!”

“Please calm down, you were brought here by Mason, the assistant to Mistress Mia,” a castle dweller says.

“Don't you know who I am? I'm Queen Valerie of Demon Sanctuary, I shouldn't be here, and who the hell is Mason!!”

A boy with blue hair walks in. “Haha, that would be me. I'm glad to hear that you're awake. Mistress Mia was struggling to get you up to speed.”

I stare at him. He seems quite annoying. Too cheerful to be a vampire that's for damn sure.

“Well, your arms still aren't in the right place but at least you can move around.”

I look at my arms. They were switched. That damn Law I know he had to do this. “I don't say this much, but thanks for taking care of me now I really must be on my way,” I say trying to shove past him.

“But you can't leave. Law warned us that you would probably go after Necro again and he told us to make sure you stay here. You're in no condition to fight him again. You'll die.”

“Hahaha!! To hear such stupidity is beyond me. You really expect me to believe that Law, Trafalgar Law, told you to make sure that I didn't leave? He doesn't give a damn about me. If I die, he won't. If he dies, I will. Don't you see, our bodies are linked.”

“That's depressing, but really Law wanted to make sure nothing happened to you, he said he might need you.”

“Need me? Law needs me!! Hmph.” I turn my back to this creature. He's spouting nonsense.

“You know, I would actually like to get to know you better though. I've known about Law for a long time now, I just never got the chance to meet him but you. You're different.”

He's being a nuisance. A complete bother. I turn back around to face him. “What about me?”

“I think you're someone interesting. I like you.”

What is he going on about? I might get some answers from him though, I guess I can play along for a little.

“Well then Mr. Interested, let's go somewhere, anywhere.”

“I have just the place. Follow me.”

He leads me to a flight of wrapped around stairs. I might be a demon but there's absolutely no way I'm walking all the way up those stairs.

“I'm pretty sure you don't wanna walk up the entire flight so let's just fly,” he says wrapping his arm around my waist.

We fly up to the very top. It's actually nice here. We went to this balcony and looked out over the entire kingdom.

“No one is really allowed up here, except for the cleaning crew and myself. If the Mistress were to know that I brought you here, I'd be in trouble. It's… against the rules.”

I examined him. “You don't look the type to follow senseless rules anyway. So, this is what you do to pass the time huh?”

“Yeah. So Valerie… how did you and Law end up becoming partners anyway?”

“It's that damn Necro’s fault. He came from nowhere and took my throne away from me. Law just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. You see, there's the staff called Beelzebub. The staff of demons. If Necro wouldn't have touched it before I did, we wouldn't have ended up the way we did. Let's just say he binded our spirits together and instead of both of us dying for each other, if Law dies then I die too.” I start to get angered at talking about this. “That Law doesn't even care! I'll stick around for as long as I have to but when I get my crown and my throne back, I'm leaving.”