Chapter 44: Two?

Mia's P.O.V

Two, two, two, two, two….. did we pick up another by accident? Hm…. Two…. I continued to cook.

“Sriracha sauce would do good with this,” I say.

But two! Where did it come from? Maybe it was the other one she had at the castle and it came back… two….

“Where did two come from,” I ask myself pouring Sriracha sauce all around. I mixed the food up. Two…

“Three! Oh wait no no just 1...2” I hear So-Ming talking with Low.

“Hm? Hear that? It's raining.” Law says. Sure enough the sky was so dark the window howls. Then the rain started.

I looked back at the food. I put some cheese in it and browned the meat. Seasoning, drain the meat, pour it back in the cheese… The rain slapped on the glass.

“Seems like a spooky day huh? We should try to get some action tonight.” I feel Law touch my sides.

“What do you mean,” I ask shyly and continue to stir everything. Two...

“Bunny I think you know exactly what I mean.” I feel him lick the mark he put on me a long time ago.

“Not in front of the kids Traffy. I'm almost done cooking. But… where did two come from,” I ask myself again.

“What? I'm not as handsome as I used to be? Cause I can't even hold your attention anymore.”

“Eh! No, no, of course you can it's just… um… ohhhh…. Never mind…”

“TWO! Wonderful FOOD!” So-Ming screams. She's watching some stupid movie.

I finished cooking. “Kids, the food is ready! Should I make you a bowl,” I asked Traffy.

“Yeah, unfortunately I do have work still. Paper work.” He sighs.

“O-oh…” I put my head down. I went and grabbed a bowl for Traffy, So-Ming, and Low. I wasn't feeling too hungry right now.

I filled their bowls up and set them down on the table for them. “Table everyone. You can still watch the movie from here. It's really spicy… I hope you don't mind… if it's too spicy I can make it over for you,” I said to the kids.

So-Ming had a kitten in her hand. She got a juice box and sat down. Low started eating away. “I will be in the library. Call me if you need me.” He kissed me.

I kissed back and then he left with his bowl. I sat down at the table with So-Ming and Low and watched the movie with them.

“What's a vasectomy?” So-Ming asked. She blew her nose. Guess the spicy food makes her nose run.

“It's a type of surgical cutting… Do you want me to make you the food over? Is it too spicy?”

She shook her head. “No it's really yummy.” She sniffed. The kitten jumps down and rubs my leg. Huh? Is this the cat I saved?

“You look a little different… So-Ming, is this the same cat daddy gave you when we came home. She's looking different,” I say.

“It's a boy mommy.” She laughs and finishes her bowl. Low is drinking down a bottle of water.

“A boy? Are you sure? Then again, I'm not familiar with animal genders… I guess so but how come he isn't white… when we found him, he was white and I washed him off too… would you like some more.”

“Daddy gave me him from the store. Then he gave me a girl.” She says as she drinks her Juicebox.

“He did, did he? I see... that's where two came from… are you done with your bowl? You can watch TV if you are,” I say.

“Yeah! Can I play in the rain? It's so spooky!”

“I don't know… you'll catch a cold… well… I guess so… put on your rain gear…”

“NO YOU CANNOT GO OUT!” Law yells from upstairs.

“I'll just play with the kitten then,” So-Ming picks up her bowl and puts it in the sink. She snatches up the kitten from the ground and runs to her room.

I sighed. “Do you want some more Low or are you done too,” I ask him.

“I think I need to lay down.” Low heads over to the sofa. Within a second he starts snoring. And falls to the floor.

I went to pick him up and put him in his room. I went back and cleaned the kitchen up and turned the movie off, straightened the living room and then I went to my room and sat up to watch the TV in there.

I felt something cover my mouth and start dragging me off! I reached my arms up and moved them around to find the person pulling me. I couldn't find them. I tilted my head back and saw Traffy…

“Did I scare you?” As he said that there was a LOUD thunderclap from outside.

I crawled to him quickly and shivered. “Y-yes…” my teeth were chattering. I could feel my hair sticking up. He opens his arms out.

“Come here baby, I'm sorry.”

I wrapped my arms around him and almost knocked him over a little. The thunder scared me real bad…

“Let's go to bed, I'll make you feel better in there.”