Chapter 23: The Ball part 1

~*A week later*~

Law's P.O.V

It was the day of the ball. I dressed So-Ming in a turquoise ruffled dress. I slipped on her white flats. She wanted to wear heels so badly. But, she's still a bit too small to wear them.

I wore a matching Tuxedo as to match Mia. She was wearing a red, poofy dress. With red heels and red gloves that went up to her elbow…

“I'm so excited you two. And I have an even bigger surprise but I can't say anything to anyone,” Mia says.

“You can tell me Mommy I can keep a Secret.” So-Ming gave me a thumbs up. She looks so silly doing that.

“Well…. I Guess I can.” Mia got down to whisper something into So-Ming’s ear. I couldn't hear anything she said.

Damn it I'm curious. What did she say? “Mia how about you tell me, I am going to be your husband.”

“Mmmmm…..” She opened the door to her room and looked around to I guess make sure no one was around. She closed the door and snapped her fingers. “Well then, there is a special dance where there are only two people on the dance floor and everyone is supposed to vote for who they want so…. I was hoping to bring Evee and Levi back together on the dance floor.”

“That would be really sweet.” So-Ming says.

“I'm not sure. Levi and Evee aren't on good terms remember.” I say, thinking about what she told me last week.

“I know but neither one of them will speak with each other about it and really what happened wasn't Levi’s fault because he was busy with us and… oh…. I-I mean…. They have to dance together just one time, maybe it'll cool their spirits… haha yes uh… that's what I meant…”

So-Ming stares at Mia. “Sometimes mommy you don't make any sense.” I have to agree with my daughter there.

“Only time will tell I suppose. Now let's go downstairs.” I bend down and take a hold of So-Ming. I intertwine my fingers with Mia's. “Let's go.”

“Oh yes, yes right! Today is Christmas Eve… still haven't decided on what you wanted So-Ming?”

“A kitten,” she says softly.

Not this again! I say nothing, let's see what Mia says to this.

“Uh… haha… do you want anything besides a kitten… Oh never mind, we'll talk presents later. Right now it's time to invite everyone in.” She let go of my hand and went to open the door. A lot of people were outside….

“Good morning to you all! Sorry we made you wait, please come inside!” I yell out.

They all came in. Most of them were actually dressed up and then there was Valerie, Mason, and Evee…

“Evee, where is your dress,” Mia asked her.

“I don't have any clothes at the moment. Everything was shredded after the incident…”

Levi passed by and overheard. He looked a bit guilty, but kept walking. “Well Mia is glad that you still made it.” I tell Evee.

“I wouldn't miss this for the world…”

“Well let's celebrate! Mistress Mia please praise Valerie and I on our coordination. It was so hard trying to get her to match with me,” the ever so eager Mason pleaded.

Valerie rolled her eyes. Mia took a look. “Wow. Hahaha, I think you two did a really good job. Um… Halloween colors… great!”

“Have to stay in the spirit,” Valerie said boredly.

Mason pulled her arm and ran inside. Evee walked behind them.

“Ugly as always, huh Valerie! For fucks sake it's a winter ball! Not a nightmare before Christmas!” I shout at her with a smirk on my face.

“I am a demon queen after all. Nightmares are my favorite kind of dreams come true. Go to hell Law!”

“Now, now, don't start arguing,” Mia says. So-Ming jumps on Valerie's back! “Hi there!” She smiled. I read her mind- I will stab you in the eye!

“Hehehe… such a cute kid,” Valerie said.

“I thought you hated kids,” Evee asked.

“What? Be quiet, you don't know what you're talking about.”

“You know I think a black and frost color would look great on you!” So-Ming says looking at Valerie's outfit. “But, it would be hard to find a suit for Mason.” She frowns.

Levi come back and threw a golden dress to Evee. He did a curt bow and walked off again.

Mia ran to Evee and put her arm around her. “I see Levi is being… what would you say?”

“You're being ridiculous. I can't help but think that you're planning something,” Evee said.

“Of course not! I'm just giving the people what they want.”

“As always….”

“So, you going to change? Levi can show you a dressing room.” I say to Evee.

“....I…. Guess so…”

So-Ming came in dragging Levi behind her. “This is a serious situation! Look how they dressed! We need that one color I told you about! Turquoise black!” So-Ming pointed to Mason and Valerie. Levi shakes his head.

“You have to help!” So-Ming whines.

“Perhaps when you finish with Mason and Valerie, you could show Evee to a dressing room… I don't want to put too much on you Levi,” Mia said.

Levi nodded and pat So-Mings head. “Be back in a bit.”
~*~*_

Levi’s P.O.V

We walk in silence to the dressing room. After what happened to us I'm sure see still thinks I just left her. I don't have to correct her because, she probably wouldn't want to listen.

“Here we are,” I open the room for her. “I can wait outside if you desire.”

She looked at me. Her face looked sad and depressed. She turned away, “... Do you…. mn… never mind.” She walked in.

“I missed you,” I say as she closed the door. I felt bad about not coming back. But, after being gone so long..she wouldn't want me back.

I heard her sniffling on the inside. Was she crying?

“Evee? Look I'm sorry. Forget what I said, I didn't mean to make you upset.” I say. Damn it I need to say professional!

She never said anything for some time and then the door opened and I saw her with the dress on. “I just hope this isn't too much. I'm not the Queen here,” she said still not looking at me.

She looked like a goddess! The dress looked wonderful on her- no magnificent! It hugs her chest and curves. I quickly looked back to the ball. She would feel uncomfortable if I kept staring. “It look good on you.” Was all I say.

“Thank you…”

I walked her back to the dance floor. I could feel her staring at me and then breaking the contact with the back of my head. I did my best not to look at her.

“Levi, there's something I--”

“Evee! Wow Levi, she looks amazing! You picked a great dress,” Mia came in.

I nod to the queen. So-Ming quickly pulls me off. I look back at Evee, wanting to know what she was going to tell me…