Chapter 38: Erasing bad memories

Levi's P.O.V

Today I took Evee to get her hair cut. I stood a few feet away from her with Nala. Fang was with Evee in her purse.

“They say getting your haircut is like a new beginning,” Evee started. “I think this is just what I need.”

“Yeah cutting away the past, we’ll make those men pay. I swear.” I whispered the last part. The female hairdresser started to trim the ends of her hair.

She sat there as still as possible. She wasn't afraid like other girls are. “What's wrong, you look nerved up,” she said.

“Oh, just a bit hungry is all.” Law had called, he wanted to rule again. I for one liked the idea and would like to own another bar.

“I see. I'm a little hungry too.” She started rubbing Fang. “Just a little more and it'll be a forgotten memory.”

A few minutes later her hair was all nicely done and shaped. She looked stunning. “You are beautiful,”

“Oh Levi,” she says. “Does it really look that good?” She got up and turned around to look in the mirror. She was feeling her hair. “It looks like me.”

Nala sniffed her as Evee looked at herself in the mirror I paid the bill. “Let's go eat.” I smile to Evee.

“Yeah,” she nodded. She was wearing a yellow shirt and some grey shorts. With the new haircut it really becomes her. “Um, with a new baby around, what are we gonna do about jobs? I mean, for starters he'll grow up fast and probably be fully born in a few years and… I'm getting ahead of myself…”

Walking now hand in hand to the nearest restaurant I think. “We can have at least 3,” I tease her.

“I actually have something to tell you when we get back home. Now let's get something in your stomach.” I say as we reach a steakhouse.

“Haha, I'm definitely ready to have something in my stomach,” she said rubbing it. I'm not sure if she meant the food or the baby. Either way, the dogs wouldn't like being in there long.

“Let's make sure we get them something as well.” I look at Nala who is sniffing the air.

“Oh, of course. Always have to make sure the babies eat before we do. Do you think they can eat steak…”

“Yes I'm sure, Fang probably will only eat small pieces of it so, make sure to cut it up for him.” I say. We go into the restaurant and get an outside table.

“This is nice Levi. You know, I wonder… forget what I said, my mind is wandering again. What would you like to eat Fang?”

I chuckle I look at Nala who is laying under the table. “You wonder what?” I ask Evee. I then look back at the menu.

“It's nothing baby really. My mind is just wandering like always. I'm getting ahead of myself,” she says.

“If you say so,” I say, I see what I want to order for me and Nala. I look and Fang who is sniffing the hair.

“You're tickling me. I guess we can get a T-bone and maybe I'll let you have the bone to teethe on. But you have to eat all of your food, okay,” Evee says to Fang.

“Babe he can't understand stand you,” I shake my head and order for us all.

“He's a growing boy, he'll understand one day, won't you?” Fang shakes his head. Nala pants, guess she needs water.

“Excuse me,” Evee waves down a waiter, “Do you mind giving us two big bowls of your coldest water? My babies are a little hot out here.”