Chapter 19: The other side of Me

Law's P.O.V

Back at the castle things were good. Are room was moved to a more secluded part with more space. Mia’s bump was starting to show. But it was a very tiny one. So-Ming was asleep, Mia had just finished reading to her. 

I climbed onto the bed and move So-Ming to sleep on top of my chest. “You okay?” I ask Mia.

“Yes.”

Good, I thought. The sun had started to set. It looked majestic outside. The clouds were orange, purple and blue.

“Law, I have to tell you one more thing. It's about what happened to me before I became the Queen.”

I scooted closer to her. “Tell me.”

“When I was human I had mixed personalities. The nice and sweet naïve side of me a and then the more cunning and fearless side. When I came down here my personality split in two. My body now, I'm the sweet side, my other body is the fearless side. She was supposed to be a vampire and the Queen of Vampire Den but she refused. She said she wanted better for me and she saw great things in my future. She wanted me to stop being a scaredy cat baby. We had to make a choice and she chose to become a demon. I don't know if you know her but she's a part of Demon Sanctuary. Her name is Evee. It's been a long time since I last saw her. Anyway, we can't combine with each other again because if we do, we'll be overly powerful. That's what they told us. So they bit me and made me eat the Water-Water Devil Fruit, and they changed her into a demon and gave her powers too. I just wanted to tell you because I don't want the day to come when you meet her and she resembles me…”

“That's a lot to take in. I think I knew her. Not that I liked or or anything, I found her to be rather irksome. You know I just remembered that need to tear up the bond between me and Valerie.” I say and rolled So-Ming to Mia's side.

Mia grabbed my wrist. “Please come back… wait… they're here. Outside. I sense three of them but I don't recognize the third.” She picked up So-Ming and cradled her in her arms.

“I see go see, stay here.” I say and walk over to the door. They always come at the wrong time. I open the door and see, Valerie, Mason and some girl. “Valerie you're here. Again.” I say annoyed.

“Yes and it's nice to see you too. How are the wife and kids, ah wonderful that's great. We're separating our bodies now and then I'm leaving.”

“Good get on with it before my daughter wakes up and kicks your ass.” I say and go stand outside.

“Right, right. Evee let's get this over with,” she told the girl.

Oh, Evee. “Hurry up,”

“Relax the ever so impatient Law. You two will be done soon,” Evee says with a bored face.

“DADDY?” I hear So-Ming call me.

“Break it now!” I order.

“And voalla. It's broken, now we can go back to…”

She stopped in the middle of her sentence and looked back to see Mia. I shield Mia's body. So-Ming pops out from the side of my legs. “Who is this?” So-Ming asks me.

“No one that are leaving, right.” I say looking at Evee.

Her and Mia stayed staring at each other. She finally turned around covering her head. “We have to go into the human world like you said mistress. Let's go,” she started walking away. Valerie and Mason followed.

“Do you think if you combined it would help during labor?” I stare at Mia.

“No. We can't combine again. It wouldn't be right. We won't be able to separate again.”